[Solved]- Uneven movement in the Y linear Rauls

I was getting ready for the concrete pour and noticed this motion when I pressed down on the back left and right of the Y rails. I have attached a video. The machine is level I did the co-planar test and it was within spec. However now I am not sure what to do? Should I get the y axis rails level then place shims under the side that has the play. Then do the coplanar adjustment measurements again? In the shop trying to get this thing poured today! Would love some help all!

Riley

shim it under the tubes to prevent the rocking and just double check your coplanarity and pour, Mine did that too.

Its supposed to be that way. You only require 3 points of contact to define a plane. Nearly impossible to get four points flat with out one point rocking. The machine base is leveled and then the rails will sit on the bottom of the pan and you fill it with concrete. Then you place the baseplate and the brackets align it with the top of the rails. The baseplate is rough and isn’t really flat anyway so then you face the baseplate making it perfect with rails.

2 Likes

thanks got it!