Slat Bed to Torch holder clearance

Greetings; just got around to setting up my Crossfire. In the assembly instructions there is a section detailing the alignment of the torch holder relative to -x and +x. I seem to have run into a problem I haven’t seen addressed. I made a video detailing the problem. If you can help, please leave a comment. Thanks. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRExGGV59Y8&ab_channel=Mr.A.

welcome…

there are a couple of serious orriginal table owners here…@TomWS will be a help here I am sure

that is the 2x2 table…
you will never get each slat perfect…not possible…
the table slats are not perfect…you are talking hundreds of an inch…the metal will also have a slight warp as you get it…as you cut it…when it is done…
it is the average of the table when the metal is on it that matters.

that is why Torch Height Control is so handy…

Am I far off here Tom?

I’m not Tom (he’s smarter than me), but you’re quite correct :rofl::tumbler_glass:

@Cletus
your table is a 2x2 right?..but you made and added your own THC…

Thanks for your replies. I was just concerned after watching the Co. video where he appears to have dialed it in far more accurately.
On a side note, I suspect that I would benefit from a THC, once I get going, as I will be cutting thin metals occasionally. I trust the community has this nailed down? (pun)

if you plan to cut thin material…look into this thread for help since you do not yet have THC…

Yup, that’s correct

Other than being in Ottawa, no, you’re pretty much right on.