Sketch to SVG. Shaper TRACE

Menards got you covered! Theirs have cartridges inside.

1 Like

Very good. But nothing gives you that instant gratification of a job well done when that electric pencil sharpener does it for you. I just take about 8 to 10 of these puppies when I am working away from home.

I guess we are still on topic with pencils/pens since that is all part of sketching and tracing. But somehow I feel that people are trying to help me sharpen those lousy carpenter pencils!!! :dizzy_face: :woozy_face: :joy:

2 Likes

I worked for Toyota in new model development. We drew a lot of sketches in meetings when discussing part designs. These were a go to for me:

Amazon.com : ZEBRA Mechanical Pencil, Tect 2 Way, 0.3mm, Black Body (MAS41-BK) : Office Products

3 Likes

Love mechanical pencils. I really like the looks of those that Tin showed with the 2mm lead. That would work well for lumber marking but I would need a lanyard attached to it.

Dang. This went off the rails quick……But, I still read all of it. And I use soapstone. Works fine for the little bit of wood work I do. Definitely interested in the product OP shared. That could be useful

1 Like

Shaper also used to have this very good SVG export app for Fusion 360, a recent update broke it’s functionality but hopefully that’ll be corrected soon.

That Origin tool looks like an interesting ‘out of the box’ design. Totally unaffordable, but very clever.

There going to be a live session tomorrow and they are going to go over the TRACE product and show it in action.

Check it out at this link

TRACE LIVE SESSION JUNE 22 2023 4PM PST

1 Like

Kick Starter is Live !

Shaper Trace: Go from Sketch to Vector in Seconds by Shaper Tools — Kickstarter

I pledged for a Super early bird two pack. I figured one for the shop and one for the office .
88f15fb89fc4873972bb2f974a505d4d_original
ee33d4dde88ef56819e2b2e9fb4573a7_original
897bc675a657a0992fa9fcf87922f904_original

be0a4e4b9eb052aa2c9fb7b59b3e81e8_original
faf62b853dcd6b108bd621b794557055_original

I pledged 1 early bird kit. Thank you @TinWhisperer for sharing this

1 Like

Same here… Couldn’t resist!! I’m in for an Early Bird Kit…!!

1 Like

Me too. It helps with brackets doesn’t it? Of course I’m in.

1 Like

So it looks like this is a GO!

Looks like the two pack ships in Oct and single ships in Nov. i might have to gift one to a friend.

@DonP

or

Ambidextrousness?

I have all kinds of things i want to try doing with this device. Metal is tricky but i think i can add a bunch of cool things to my designs with it. New toy to play with this fall!

1 Like

Money has been collected…

They sold a few more than expected

1 Like

yeah, kind of excited about what I can do with this thing.

2 Likes

review, good things to say.

1 Like

Thanks! Now we enter the classic KickStarter Wait for the Real product to show up mode…

It seems there shouldn’t be any hold ups or surprises on this one though.

1 Like