RnR card not found

When I start Mach, Red reset button blinking.
I hit the red reset button — the stepper motors go off and running.
But I am at the limit of the travel so I hit the stop button.
It stops the pulses to the steppers.
Then I hit the reset button and I get status: RnR motion card not found.

Exit and reload Mach software and the process repeats.

One red led on the card

1 Like

When I hit the up down left right arrows. Nothing happens. The motors don’t respond
and the display counts do not increment/decrement.

If the displays are not at 0.00 0.00, and if I select “go to zero”
It attempts to go to zero

For grins I loaded the parallel port instead of the RNR and in that mode the
displays for x/y increment and decrement (and of course nothing moves on the crossfire)
when I push the L/R U/D arrows.

Very strange as some commands seem to be going through

Does the same thing happen when you press feed hold instead of stop?

I just keep getting the “RnR motion card not found” or something like that.

I can enter x and y values into the display and then tell it to go to zero and it will do so.
It will do that regardless if motors are plugged in— I see the red LED flash
If motors are plugged in, it moves to 0,0 if not then the displays countdown to 0,0

Pushing any of the jog functions does not have any effect regardless
if I were to disconnect the x and y motors

Let me clarify, when I first turn things on and hit the reset, it doesn’t drive the motors to the stops, it drives them down to 0,0-

It just happened to be near the stops when I started the process. I manually rotated the lead screws to put the carriages to center of travel, now it just goes to 0,0. Then after that it says the card is not found

Are you available for a call on Monday to troubleshoot this issue over the phone?

In the late afternoon (4pm est) I can talk.

I have to go into my work in the early part of the day

I loaded some of the example gcode files and they run.
Carriages move
So the jogging appears to be the feature that doesn’t work.

And I still get the RnR card not found error

I am also having the same issue with my machine. It says RnR motion controller not found, when I plug into my computer it says “the last USB you plugged into the computer malfunctioned and windows does not recognize it.”

1 Like

Can you pull the cover off your electronics box (make sure to have mains power unplugged but keep USB plugged in) and see if you have an LED lit up on the USB motion control board?

There is no LED on the motion board

Just want to confirm that you have the USB cable plugged into your laptop and the laptop is powered on?

1 Like

The computer is plugged in and on, USB is connected to the computer and the motion controller circuit board

Ok, we need to get a new motion control board sent out to you. I will make the order, you should get an email soon.

1 Like

Thank you, you guys have by far the best customer support I have ever dealt with.

4 Likes

+1 :+1:

Definitely agree with this. I’ve seen some awful customer support and really opaque communications from folks selling me far more expensive tools.

2 Likes

I’m having the exact same problem. I’m getting an error that says RNR motion card not found and windows says it’s not recognized. I unplugged the machine, pulled off the cover, and plugged it into a powered on laptop and there are no LEDs anywhere in the box. Does this mean my motion controller is bad as well?

Hi, just assembled my crossfire table after waiting almost 6 months for it over here in Sweden, got everything working but after the first try “for real” with the plasma cutter connected everything died and i can’t connect again get the exact same error as above with the windows not recognising USB device and a black card in the cabinet. Is the RNR card smoked ?? So dissapointed :frowning:

What plasma cutter are you using? That typically occurs when a high frequency start plasma cutter is used with the machine.

Hi my plasma cutter is a Stahlwerk 55 don’t now if it has HF start ? And if ? board fryed ? Can’t use my plasma ? Still I need a new board ?