Replaced Relay for Plasma Cutter, X and Y work fine, Plasma cutter will not turn off(solved : board replacement)

Everything is functional except plasma cutter torch stays on when Crossfire is on. Originally used improper plasma cutter and it worked briefly but then the torch would stay on no matter what. That was a Lotos LPT5000D. Replaced the relay in the Crossfire and connected the new plasma cutter which is a Titanium TI-PC45 and it is having the same issue. This plasma cutter is on the compatible list per Langmuir Systems. I am extremely frustrated and just want this thing to work!! >:(

Solenoid clicks when machine is turned on.

Stop double posting. You’ve got support on this. Posting here won’t help.

please support

So as soon as you turn the electronic enclosure ON it fires your torch?

@langmuirsystems @langmuir-reilly

You just have a standard crossfire with no torch height?

Is there any way you can ( with everything powered off and unplugged) Trace out this circuit that goes to the relay and then to your plasma cutter and back just to make sure there’s no mix up (just a visual inspection no meter or anything)

Standard crossfire no z and yes as soon as control box is turned on relay clicks to the on position checked both with torch plugged in and not plugged in. I’ll send some pics of the wires hooked up. I think this is what you were talking about

so you’re saying the relay clicks ON when you power on the control even without the torch cable plugged in?

disconnect the white connector behind the relay (the one that the purple/orange wire are connected to) and power on the control box to see if the relay still clicks. if it does then i’m suspecting something on the mainboard is causing the relay to power on.

Yes correct. So when I unplug this cable it does not click on I’m assuming this is what you mean

hmm, sounds like there’s a short somewhere.

connect it back on and disconnect the purple/orange wires at the clear plastic sleeve and see what you get.

So when I plugged it back in and turned system back on I heard a popping nois like a fuse blowing and torch is now in permanent off position. X and y work perfect still and relay will not turn on even with computer controls. I also see a red light on bored that I don’t remember seeing. Re and purple wires have been unplugged the hole time that’s how I have been beep testing

Sorry for keep editing but the red light only turns on when I give the torch on command from computer and it turns off when I turn it off

So ordered new board I understand that I messed up with plasma cutter and hope for the best

1 Like

Update got new part in and every thing is working perfect!!! Yay

2 Likes