Remote jogging device

I know some of you have adapted a xbox controller to jog the table…but has anyone seen one of these

I am not an expert by any means for doing a modification…just looking for something easy that works

Meh. Wireless keyboard/mouse combo works perfect for me.

@toolboy

So, I have a CNC mill running Mach 3 with a wireless Xbox controller as a pendant. My experience using Firecontrol makes me think there’s no way to add that kind of functionality till they write an interface between one and their software, or open up their software enough to let the community do it like happened in Mach 3.

Edit: I was wrong, see @Greg9504 post

@brownfox

Don’t knock it till you try it. I have a wireless keyboard and mouse too, I can’t hold them one handed while leaned over the machine to get a good view of the material and dial in and set a 0,0 position. Do I lose sleep at night without it on the plasma table? Nope, I sleep fine. But I would still love to be able to have the functionality, even if its just a convenience thing.

Open mouth, insert foot, download key mapper…

It would be nice to have a compact controller. I’m just not to the point that it would be worth the effort to set up… yet.

After a mishap today, I need an e stop first.

I finally connected the wireless Xbox controller from my CNC mill up to the Crossfire Pro. Went smoothly using Antimicro key mapper, easily able to add multi key combinations and adjust the dead zone and diagonal range to make the table nice and controllable where it doesn’t stutter or try to move the wrong direction ever using the joysticks.

Very pleased, this is a nice upgrade for moving the machine around and dialing in 0,0 positions. May have to buy a second receiver so I don’t have to swap it back and forth between the machines. I’m not likely to ever be able to run both simultaneously until they’re in separate shops anyway.

3 Likes

Would be neat to see some pictures please

Here’s the “main screen” of Antimicro Key mapper.

The default left joystick settings

The settings that eliminate odd movements when accidentally too close to 45°, and occasional dead spot motion from the sloppy joystick.

A video of the table running off of the Xbox controller.

Antimicro running Xbox controller for Firecontrol

1 Like