Razorweld 45 X45 Hand Torch Consumables

So my husband and I started our own Custom Sign Business and it has been slow going at first, but we are starting to pick up with orders. My question is, we are in need of consumables for the X45 Torch and I’ve been reading mixed information online as to if you can get “fine cut” consumables for this torch or not. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

I see what you mean. This is very confusing because one thread states there is no consumables and the another ends with someone saying they ordered some. No resolution that they worked.

Today you will see that Langmuir sells consumables for that torch but does not include a “fine cut” consumable: X45 Torch (Hand & Machine) Consumables – Langmuir Systems
One would think that if they were effective/available then Langmuir would have them.

Another search finds on X45 Plasma Torch Consumables Razorcut Razorweld Everlast Longevity Her – plasmadyn
That they claim to have the “fine cut” consumables. It might be a question for the group at Plasmadyn to answer.

If @mechanic416 answers in then I would say he knows what is going on in this matter. His answer to a post in April 2022 was that there were none. Perhaps this has changed.

1 Like

Yes, I saw his post from then as well but was also curious if anything had changed in the past year or so. Thank you for your input I really do appreciate it!

It could be as George has mentioned before, the consumables will “fit” but it does not mean they will work. Notice the actual wording on the Plasmydyn site:

It is saying that it uses “Standard” Hypertherm parts with an “amazing cut” and then throws the red herring: “Also ‘fits’ PlasmaDyn…”

So they are claiming the the Hypertherm parts are great consumables that just happen to fit PlasmaDyn. They are not saying that you will have the same results in a “non-Hypertherm” torch…just that they fit.

I don’t have that torch so I have no standing, but I don’t like how this is worded.

1 Like

Yes, @mechanic416 has fine cut consumables for the X45 hand torch. 30A and ~.040 kerf.

1 Like

Yes, I have fine cut tips for the X45 hand and machine torch. They are rated at 15 to 30 amps with an orifice hole of 0.8mm/.030". These cutting tips use a different CNC shield as they are shorter then the 45/50 amp tips and testing has shown that a .050" torch height works well, but may vary from setup to setup. At this time I am also working on a un-shielded fine cit setup that may work very well on thin metal.

Consumables for the X45 torch are listed here.

5 Likes

Thank you George!

Hi George. Would like some help please.

We just installed a crossfire pro and are very new to the machine. We have installed it in Uganda - East Africa, and due to our distance from the developed world, we are having problems buying consumables.

We would like to purchase a full set of consumables that work with the razor weld x45 and checking on your eBay page, we would have to select individual elements to make a whole set.

I already made the mistake of ordering a hypertherm powermax x45 kit and it does not fit my torch.

Is it possible to place an order with you for an entire spare kit that would last me a while? (nozzles, electrodes, sheilds, swirls rings etc.) and how could we do this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Many thanks
Faz

Faz,

First, I don’t or haven’t ship to Uganda so that can be a problem. Second, I would need a picture of the consumables that came with your torch to make sure you would be getting the right ones.

If the consumable order is large enough we may be able to work out the shipping thing.

George

2 Likes

Hi George.

Thanks for replying. I’m attaching some pictures (hopefully, since its my first time on this forum) for you showing the machine, torch and consumables. Hope that helps.

I also have a cousin who resides in the US which may help with the shipping problem. We could ship to him and he will send to us in Uganda using FedEx

Please let me know if this works

1 Like

TORCH

I know you are looking for consumables. Can you get a picture of your roller stand looks interesting. Don’t mean to intrude :grimacing:

Hi. I will try and send you some pictures tomorrow but it was a salvage job from a flat bed uv printer. Works quite well to feed 8x4’ sheets right through.

No intrusion… glad to help anytime.

Faz

1 Like

@Faz Welcome to The Forum

Those consumables have definitely reached the end of their serviceable life.

It looks like the halfium blew right out of the side of the electrode. And did the deflector shield fall off while you’re cutting? is that how you cut into it like that or was the nozzle so badly deformed so the arc wandered that far?

1 Like

So I picked this machine up from someone who was leaving the country. This is my first plasma cutter. Have a lot of experience with CNC routers and we were looking to expand in to plasma.

In essence, we have no idea what we are doing :joy:. Managed only one cut so far then discovered the damaged parts.

Any help this community would extend will be highly appreciated. I buy you all a virtual beer! :beers:

Thanks

1 Like

Hi George,

I have what may be a silly question. How long should you expect each electrode and tip to last? We have only been getting about 10-15 minutes of torch time before needing to change out again. Thanks!

There are so many factors that it would be hard to even give a good estimate on how long they will or should last.

I get about 400 mins cut time maybe more. if your doing artsy stuff with lots of pierces that will make a big difference.
Cut height and pierce height matter a lot. Also dry air is a must

2 Likes

Edit: Sorry did not see you had a hand torch, not sure if that makes any difference