Razorweld 45 torch wont fire

I’ve just completed assembly of the Crossfire pro but I can’t get the torch to fire. The relay in the electronics box and the relay in the plasma cutter both click on/off when using “torch fire” button in fire control. Motion control works fine. Wires are all in proper ports. Rechecked the thc board for correct install. Any Suggestions?

Is your air turned on? The Torch won’t fire without air pressure.

1 Like

If your air pressure is 60psi or below the torch will not fire. The noise you hear in the plasma cutter is the air solenoid.

1 Like

hhaahhhahahh Yes, I’m dumb. The air hose was behind the plasma cutter but not connected, all is well and running great. Thanks.

1 Like

I spoke too soon. I was able to make 1 cut using the straight cut method. Torch will not fire again.
Razorweld 45
Machine torch

Machine torch’s seem to take a little more air then a hand torch. Make sure you have 65 psi with the air flowing, use the air set switch and if its not then you need to take the cover off and adjust the regulator.

1 Like

Got everything wir ed d up right got 70 psi still wont fire

Hand or machine torch.

1 Like

If the torch won’t fire, it’s usually not wired correctly.

The torch firing wire must be connected to the port marked “torch on/off” on the electronics enclosure. Way too many people plug it into an open port on the VIM by mistake.

On Razorweld machines, the ports for voltage and torch firing are sometimes reversed.

If one end of the cable is correctly plugged into the “torch on/off” port, switch it to the other port on the front of the plasma cutter.

Don’t worry about the voltage cable. It has nothing to do with firing the torch.

Get the torch firing first and then hook the voltage cable to the other port.

3 Likes

This is how its plugged up

Machine torch

There is no cable plugged in the torch on/off port on the Langmuir controller

3 Likes

Good catch I didn’t even see that. It won’t fire with out a cable plugged in.

2 Likes

I have been one step behind you, George, for what seems forever. Feels good.

2 Likes

Well, did you get it plugged in yet? We are waiting for the words that it now works.:crazy_face:

4 Likes

The torch on/off needs to be moved from the plastic box to the front of the metal box, where it says “torch on/off”

There is only supposed to be two wires plugged into the plastic box. One from the plasma to the DIV input and one from DIV output to the THC port on the metal box.

5 Likes

This might help but I think everyone has sorted it. I found that little box to be a bit confusing. Let me know if this is even more confusing.

4 Likes

Thanks everyone im gonna try it today ill let you know how things go its greatly appreciated ive had this machine for over a year trying to learn how to make g-codes and get everything going its been tough on my own

1 Like