Razorweld 45 no arc “New system”

Hey guys! I just finished setting up my Langmuir Pro brand new! When testing the thc control i get no arc.so i cant press arc is on button. I also tried the manual torch fire button and nothing. Metal is grounded. Connected properly after reading several topics on this. Disregard air pressure picture was taken after tank bled off. Relay is snug in the control center. Wiring looks good too.
Any help is appreciated. I will get back to you as soon as i can.

This may not be an issue for you but is this possible?:

2 Likes

As Jim noted above, the ports on you plasma cutter may be reversed. Switch the plugs on the front of the machine and see if it fires.

It won’t hurt anything to have them hooked up wrong.

2 Likes

I did and it gave me this error @ds690 @ChelanJim

Ok.

Is the air on and hooked up to the plasma cutter?

It needs at least 50psi to fire the torch.

Do you hear the relay click in the control box, when you press the torch fire button in Firecontrol?

2 Likes

The gauge on the front of the plasma cutter is only showing about 20psi. That may be the trouble.

2 Likes

@AchillesMetal Welcome to the forum.

Beware and have the torch clear but you could take all the connections off those two front ports and short out the connection to fire the torch. It would narrow down the fault to either the Razorweld or Langmuir system/cables.

Or maybe inside the Razorweld machine those wires aren’t hooked up to the connector port?

2 Likes

It does have air it had about 50 psi. It shows low due to the picture being taken after i shut it off. I do hear it trying to tuen on but no arc. Even the light on the relay blinks too @ds690

The compressor was off when i took the picture afterwards @mechanic416

@TinWhisperer the wires on the front ports of the razorweld?

I’ll try to find a photo that illustrates it better than describing it with text.

1 Like

Does this link help?

1 Like

@ChelanJim thanks

Beware and at your own risk and such and such.

One of those two configurations should fire the torch.

1 Like

If it needs 50 and you only had 50 that’s cutting it pretty close. Why not turn it up to 65 just to make sure

2 Likes

By “try to turn on”, do you mean air flows out of the torch or just a click from the relay?

Trying to fire the torch by jumping the pins on the connector should tell you which port fires the torch, because at least air will flow, even if it doesn’t fire.

Hey guys im sorry for the late response! I juggle work and then come home to play with this. Yesterday while i was waiting… i just tried it again but this time i cranked the compressor regulator from 50 to 70 and i finally was able to get an arc. I know you guys mentioned the air pressure. I guess 50 wasnt enough. I was able to do my first cut! I tagged a picture. I only had SS to try out. Today i went and grabbed some 16 gauge and 10 gauge to play around and add some tools to the sheet cam! Thank you guys so much for the help! Any tips or tricks i should be aware? Thank you a million in advance

3 Likes

Feels good huh?

1 Like

Man i felt like a kid again!!! Now to learn the hell out of this thing!!!

3 Likes

Your cables are wrong if it has THC. Short cable comes out of the right front of your cutter into the front of the the Divider (DivInput,) then long cable from back of Divider (DivOutput) to THC port on the table. Cutter front left port goes to Torch on/off port on the table.

1 Like