RAZORCUT45 Misfire Issue - RAZORWELD TECH BULLETIN 9/23/2020

Yes it should be able to re-fire during post flow.

1 Like

Ok so simple Fix…Today I did Contact The Razorweld guys, and this is all Legit, I had a LOT of personal questions about doing this MOD to a Brand new machine and felt 100% comfortable …Then I got ahold of a great friend of mine who does ALOT of electronic repairs and shared with Him “I am a BLACKSMITH” he was great easy fix , and onboard and will do the fix BUT no where does either Langmuir or Razorweld Bulletin say 100K ohms at xxx tolerance WATTS or POWER so does anybody Know exactly?? if you decode the pictures Langmuir shares it appears to be BROWN BLACK BLACK ORANGE RED which would be 100.00K with tolerance of 2% anybody ?? I see Langmuir says TRY a 1/2w 100k ohm…but what is it Exactly Ibuprofen ??

Langmuir??? MIKE DANIAL anybody ?

I did this mod and ran a dedicated circuit for the cutter and it has worked great ever since.

Mod Done with an SMD resistor, I had a electronics repair guy do mine …No way I woulda tried to solder that grain of sand onto my board… LOL

So we’re removing the capacitor from C101 and leaving that part of the circuit board empty, then removing the resistor from R121 and replacing it with a 1/2 watt 100K ohm resistor with a ±1% tolerance and that is all there is to fix the misfire correct?

1 Like

Thats what they say, things are pretty tight on that board it’s not as easy as it seems… Mine is done but I have not tested it

I did the Mod today… I have experience with micro soldering…
This did not help my cutter at all …

air fired the torch seemed to be working better… got all excited
I cut out the scorpion that worked fine… got all excited
tried a sign I designed started to misfire again got really not happy
wasted another $40.00 worth of sheetmetal…trying the scorpion again and various other
designs…

I am sorry I bought the razorweld…

On the plus side I have some 805 SMD 100k ohm resistors I will send to who ever needs them,
tell me how many you want, and you can have them.
just pm me or send me an email…
I have 19 left they are very small be sure you have the ability and skill to do this mod.

I guess I will be sending my unit back to razerweld , Is it worth it ?

gonna go check out the hypertherm threads …!

When it started misfiring, did you only hear
Air escape with no fire? Or did it fire and then go out shortly after?

1 Like

It is a no fire with air escaping…

I wonder if this will fix my problem? I am still waiting on customer service to respond to my email.

I recommend shooting an email to Razorweld to ask why the mod did not repair your issue.

I guess I will have to
thank you

1 Like

If I just bought a new machine will this issue already be resolved?

1 Like

update Mine was Done as you know IF you follow this Stream AND it works flawless, but the hack type job even Razorweld shows in the Bulletin, is shit pay and have it done right …or buy another plasma…hard to believe the manufacturer would have anyone including there own distribution /repair point hack a resistor on like the picts show super UNPROFESSIONAL …even if it works …Kinda Like Buying a new car and the door latch doesn’t work right BUT if you go to NAPA and buy a Generic latch and drill some holes in the door skin and attach it …It works but it’s CRAP

2 Likes

I haven’t heard of anyone being able to return it for a refund. The way I figured it, I either could have a $900 paperweight or do the mod and get something out of it. Its working fine now but I still wish I had bought a Hypertherm for the fine cut quality but I was thinking that the package deal would be proven to work. I have an Everlast 60s that’s been used 3 times that I could have used but the package deal to me eliminated any issues with compatibility. As far as having to make the mods I guess being a Harley owner has numbed me to the process of having to modify something brand new to work like you want it to.

4 Likes

I got my Razorcut45 after the bulletin and it had been fixed by Razorweld before shipping.
I checked the repair and got very disappointed. The resistor had been soldered on with to much solder that it shorted the circuit.
So my tips is, do not trust Razorwelds repair and double check the repair before use on your new Razorcut45.
Picture of failed repair:

2 Likes

That is very sad and they didn’t even use surface mount.

2 Likes

That is unreal!!! Pi$$ Poor repair job. Apparently they didn’t test it after they were done.

1 Like

Me too I’ve sent numerous emails and photos videos tested ports with a voltmeter etc etc etc. It’s beyond frustrating to have spent all this money and not having a reliable plasma cutter it’s been one issue over and over . Langmuir points to razor cut I sent it there they repaired it “allegedly “ then I email Langmuir endlessly and all they say is try our troubleshooting guide over and over. I’ve even been on the phone with them and the errors just keep going . Complete crap in my opinion. I would never buy a razor cut no matter how cheap it is. Langmuir is doing themselves and us the customers wrong by continuing to sell this crap cutter. Money and time lost on all the materials has been ludicrous and piss poor.

2 Likes