Razorcut 45 cut chart

I think Razorweld and Langmuir are way to busy counting their money then take time to make a cut chart. :rofl:

2 Likes

on us to do the ā€˜paperworkā€™. Still, a cut chart is an individual thing. My cut chart might give you some starting points, but, if youā€™re diligent, then youā€™ll refine it with your own findingsā€¦

Just call me Pollyanna :star_struck:

1 Like

New to plasma cutting - where do you get anti-spatter? And apply just to the tip?

Any welding anti spatter will do the job. I use Best Welds brand and does great. Plenty of brands.

1 Like

I use Weld-Aid. If you donā€™t have a welding shop nearby thereā€™s always Amazon.

Weld Aid Nozzle-Kleen #2 007022 - 16 wt. oz., Non-Flammable, Paintable Anti-Spatter Aerosol Spray for MIG, TIG Tips, Weldments https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B008RA5DYI/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_NCGXQR79J4QJC544GWQ6

Have you done or seen anyone who may have done this for aluminum?

Done holes in aluminum?

Can someone provide a little more info to a beginner on how you do these test cuts? Are these different jobs with different settings ran side by side, or is all of this within the same job somehow?

Which test cuts?

The ones I posted are mineā€¦ i wanted a straight run of length to measure the kerf.
Then 90 degree turns to see if the kerf increases in a 90

Then a short straight run then another 90 quick. Then another straight shorter run.
Ive used it on all my sheet GA. And types ive cut to get my settings dialed in

2 Likes

Hi PWCNC, This is a little off topic l, but where did you get your ipt-60 machine torch? And can you confirm that you are using that torch with the razorcut 45?

Georges plasma cutting shop mechanic416 here on the forum built my torch. PTM60
I have & still use the Original Cut45 From RAZORWELD.
Its cut perfectly for me from day 1 since Langmuir Systems started with the 2x2

2 Likes

Thanks a lot for your awesome and informative post, as a beginner with my CFPro they are a golmine!!!:+1::+1:

What is the PD setting?? Canā€™t find the acronymā€¦

Is it a setting in tool setup or the 2d profile?

Thanks again

Cheers!!

1 Like

PD=pierce delay
:+1:

2 Likes

I am curious on how you do your test cuts. Are you manually controlling the machine with FireControl or do you have an NC job that you are changing the IPM in the gcode? I have been trying to dial in my machine using your settings but I still have quite a bit of dross and I am not sure which settings I need to adjust and I have been trying to doing by editing the gcode.

No manual control? Not sure what you mean.
In FUSION360 in setup you can set your feed rate for your lead ins and lead outs its an option you set all three the same as your feed rate or you can change the two. I always speed up on the lead in an outs several ipm faster than the base feed rate/ipm.

Ive never had anybody elses settings work right off the bat on my machine, some were close but I still have to dial them in.
Too many nuances & differences in everyones machines , consumables, torches, .

Sheetcam you can do the same settings.

What gaug/ sheet are you cutting? &!is it HR OR CR?
What cutter, / torch/ machine and consumables are you using?
Settings?
Water level?
Anti spatter for your torch nozzle?
Soacing on your slats? Inleave out every other one.

Etcā€¦

2 Likes

What is the reasoning for this?

Torch has to slow down do to physics when changing direction
Prevents the blow out divot when exiting the cut

This may be stupid, but should I be using the US standard decimal like in the cut chart next to their respective gauge or the actual thickness of the particular steel?

Not sure what you mean?

??? Yes I am wondering also