Razor cut 45 no fire

Anyone ever had this issue, I have no air nor fire coming from the torch. Within fire control I am using the “test” function which tells me to press the button to fire and then press the arc on button once I see an arc, however I never press it because I do not see any arc.

I have the crossfire pro, thc, with a razorcut45 with cnc ports and handle torch, not machine torch.

I have air hooked to it and powered on, 2t is selected and the corrects lights are lit up on the plas machine itself.

I am not receiving any errors from fircontrol during this process. I also ran a break in process which runs the machine from one corner to the other and the movements seen to work correctly.

I removed the handle torch from the z-axis bracket and tried it manually with no difference. I then removed the cnc 50:1 divider cable from the machine and tried to fire manually and no fire still. Removed the on/off cable from the port on the plas machine and ran manually and still no fire.

If I remove the power cord and my air line from the razorcut45 and hook them to a different plas machine (hypertherm 45), that plas works fine with no issue.

The razorcut45 should at least shoot air out once the trigger is pulled right? It’s as if the trigger or lead is just dead to the system.

I currently have a cable from razorcut45
CNC torch on/off port to the langmuir system electronics box torch on/off port.

Currently have a cable from razorcut45
CNC 50:1 voltage divider port to the DIV port on the THC electrical box.

Currently have a cable from the DIV OUTPUT port on the THC electrical box to the langmuir system electronics box THC Port.

The ground lead is plugged in the ground port on the razorcut45 and the torch lead is plugged into the torch connection on the razorcut45.

This is correct right? Or do I have something backwards?

I am getting roughly 70 psi showing o. The razorcut45 gauge at the front of the machine. And no errors on the lights of the machine.

Anyone have any ideas? I already messaged razor weld, I just got this plas delivered on friday and hooked it up not even a day later and no fire.

So I figured it out, the ports on the plas are backwards, I’ll leave this post incase anyone else has this issue unless someone deletes it.

which port is which I am having the same issues. Need further details. Thanks

1 Like

No one really knows for sure. They have been switched back and forth and Razorweld doesn’t even know for sure which one is which on a particular machine.

It doesn’t hurt to hook them up wrong. If the torch will not fire from the computer, that is a good indication that they are not hooked up correctly and you should switch them.

1 Like

I looked inside the machine and seen the black and yellow thicker wires so I figured they are the ones to turn on and off. Also when had ran the test for the THC voltage deal it said the voltage was 259 or something and told me to unplug so I switched the cables and it show 000 voltage and it lit up green instead of red so I guess it’s hooked up right but I’m still having a firing issues with the Razorcut 45 not firing with the THC. It fires if I pull the trigger with my hand. So iguess I will spend all day reading trying to figure out how to fix this issue.

1 Like

If the torch fires from the trigger, but not from Firecontrol, the wires are hooked up wrong or the relay is faulty/not seated on the board.

If I understand you correctly, the torch fired when you did the THC test and you switched the wires because the voltage was too high?

The only way the torch can fire from the computer, is if the torch firing wire is hooked up correctly.

If the THC is reporting high voltage, that is a different issue.

1 Like

I simply just switched the ground clamp cable to the other port and gun cable to the other and it worked.

Is THC lit up in firecontrol on the top right?
Is the THC module (little black box that came with the THC) plugged wired in properly?

When I first Did the THC test. It said the voltage was way high and it was high lighted in red so I swapped over the to wires on front of the Razorcut 45 because I remembered r eading some plasma’s was backwards after swaping out it said voltage was sitting at zero and was good with green highlighted so I continued to where it wanted me to fire the torch and I click the torch button and waited for arc and nothing happened so I reached over with my hand and pulled the trigger and it fired. Then I tried to do a cut after a dry run and the torch would not fire.

Yes and Yes

relay is fully seated made sure of that

It won’t fire because you switched the torch firing wire to the divided voltage port.

The high THC reading could be that you don’t have it connected to the VIM box correctly or the plasma cutter isn’t outputting 50:1. Some older Razorweld machines are 20:1.

1 Like

do you have a Razorcut 45?

This is the Razorcut 45 that came with the langmuir system they sent out it is plug and play simple directions from there website.

That’s what I was trying to confirm when I said “THC Module” ,lol I couldn’t remember what it was called.

True that it is plug and play however, it is easy to plug the div cords incorrectly. Make sure those are plugged in probably to the div box.

1 Like

I don’t have a Razorweld, but I know how they work and I know how to correctly wire a plasma cutter to a Langmuir table. I have helped many other users on this forum with these issues.

The torch firing port only does one thing. It closes a circuit, which tells the plasma cutter to fire the torch. You could test it by shorting the two pins with a paper clip and the torch will fire.

The divided voltage port outputs divided voltage to the VIM(Voltage Input Module) It can’t fire the torch. It should be connected to the DIV in port on the VIM and a wire should go from the DIV out to the THC port on the electronics control box.

If the torch fired when you did the THC test, you had to have the torch firing wire in the correct port. That is the only way the torch could fire from the computer.

If the Test showed the voltage is too high, the problem is not the wires being in the wrong port on the plasma cutter. The only way for it to read voltage from the plasma cutter is for the divided voltage wire to be hooked up to the correct port.

If the voltage is too high, there are other reasons for that problem that you may be able to diagnose with the THC troubleshooting guide.

1 Like

well if you did have a razorcut 45 I was going to ask you to look inside the cabinet and tell me what color wires are coming off of each port to make sure I have them in the right ones. 1 port has a black and yellow wire going to the back side of the board with some type of puddy to cove the conections, the other port has a very small black and red wire the red wire looks like it jumps over to the lead that goes the the ground lead and the black goes to the ground on the board. I don’t understand why they didn’t design the machine with the info on the front.

It never fired in the THC test mode to clear that up I did it by my hand pulling the trigger.

My razor weld has torch on the left and voltage on the right