Question about using casters

Good question. Others are using casters with adjustable feet. I followed their lead and ordered these on eBay for $65 Much less expensive than what I found on Amazon. Faster delivery also.
“4 Workbench Retractable Leveling Swivel Casters Heavy Duty 2205lbs 2.5” GD80F"

1 Like

Joel48, yea, I’m seeing some of the guys are going with these, looks like the route to go, I still like the idea of the sub-frame he built, seems like you could make a stout one with heavier tubing than the stock table legs? just a thought. This is a a great forum!

2 Likes

I agree. Anything that adds storage space to previously unused space is better than adding ground level floor space.

The casters are not adjustable however they do have adjustable levelers on them.

1 Like

Ah, Yes, mystery solved. thanks husker, Great job on your table. I want mine to come out like yours. Very professional looking.

First off that setup is amazing. Now the question. Am I the only one that gets a crude load of water under the table while it runs? I usually get everything wet under and in about a foot or more radius from the table. I’ve got the air regulated correctly for the plasma but I really don’t understand how you all are keeping your plasma cutters under the table. I don’t think mine would be shower safe… I must be the only one.

3 Likes

Nope. I get a fair amount of splash off the table, mostly when cutting near the edges. A silicone funnel on the torch helps but doesn’t eliminate it.

I don’t keep my plasma under or within the splash radius. It helps that Hypertherms have long cables :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Ha… sent my reply to email on accident. I’m glad I’m not the only one. There is no way I would put my plasma under the table without it’s own enclosure.

1 Like

Looks brand new. Nice cable management. Have you ran it with that set up? Has adding weight to the torch gantry affected it at all? Very clean! Still waiting on mine to arrive in May.

I’m still working on a couple minor upgrades to it before I put it into service, I have an original table that I’ve been using until I finally get done buffing this one up.
As far as the torch gantry I’ve pretty much completely rebuilt it with a stronger and longer tube I also added multiple bearing blocks to make it glide when it swivels.

1 Like

Really nice job. Looks like a pro machine.

I turned down some 1/2 bolts that fit ratcheting footmaster leveling casters and rethreaded them for the table. No need for special caps or crazy stuff, I used the stock supplied inserts and it all fits snug. Time will tell. The ratcheting function is quick and smooth on them, table rolls effortless.

2 Likes

Those look slick. I have the regular non ratcheting ones and they are a pain to turn the wheel to make the table go up to level.

Might have to get a set of those.

1 Like