Program Cancels In Middle Of Cut (SOLVED)

Does the Desktop have a keyboard or mouse plug in to it at all?

has it fail again since you had made those changes?

No, just he touchscreen.

Keep us updated if it fails again ( or if you have some finished pieces you want to share ). Good luck with the cuts.

just moving one wire may move another wire…which in turn moves another…

Well, it completed a couple of very long cuts but did fail 1 time. This is much better than before but still not solved. I post a pic of the popup.

How dirty is your touch screen maybe give it a cleaning?

Could it be glitching and hitting the stop button??

Weird

Screen is clean, its covered most of the time.
I was going to mention, it will do the dry run perfectly. Seems to only have the problem while cutting. Making me think it’s torch related.

was thinking the same…touch screens pick up steel dust…and in some cases can affect it…

do you have a ferrite choke on your USB?

1 Like

Any recent updates on the computer?

Have you tried restarting your computer? I have a Dell laptop that gets lazy sometimes if I don’t resart in regularly.

Have you switched USB port just to eliminate?

yes, there is a choke on usb at the controller box input.

I built this computer just for the Crossfire. It doesn’t connect to the internet, no updates.
I’ve tried restart and different usb ports also.

Have you moved plasma cutter recently?

Maybe to close getting some interference?

Which version of fire control are you using?

Any grounding issues?

Haven’t moved anything except moving the pc further away. It’s about 4 feet from table.
version 20.6
I isolated all the grounds. Seems to be good on that end.
The system worked fine before. I don’t use it much so it has been a while since last project. It worked fine then.

Any chance USB cable is at fault?

Are you running computer on a grounded plug?

Fire control does strange things if my computer is on a grounded plug.

Any chance any of your wires or cables touching each other?

What version of Firecontrol?

That message only appears when you hit the stop button during a cut. Something is triggering the stop button or it’s a software issue with the Firecontrol version.

My version is 20.6. I’m running Windows 7.
The stop button should only be accessed through the touchscreen, I wander if some type of interference could be triggering it? It seems to only happen while the torch is burning. Dry run has never failed.
I may try to round up a plain monitor and keyboard just to try.

I know I shouldn’t assume the cables are ok but it had been working fine before. I know nothing has been changed or damaged. I did try a different usb but it didn’t help.
I have removed the ground plug from the pc.
I do have various cables touching at different points. By this I mean touching on outer jackets, not electrically touching with bare wire. In fact, the usb cable from the pc is bundled in a sleeve with the 120V power cable feeding the motor control box. I didn’t think that would be the problem because it has worked before and I have tried changing the usb cable. I also think the usb cable is shielded.

1 Like

Another thing to look at. I have the rw45 and hypertherm 65 either machine I use if the USB cable get close to the table frame some crazy voodoo stuff happens. I mean fire control will lock up.

With it working in dry run but not cutting there has to be some kind of interference with your plasma.

I am using the hypertherm 65. I will try to move the usb cable. It’s not really close to the frame but I can adjust it some. I also think think the interference is from the plasma. ds690 said the message I’m getting only happens with a stop command. I am wandering if the plasma could be affecting the touchscreen somehow. It is a good distance away but it seems like the most likely path to a stop command. I have another project to cut, probably be later today or tomorrow, I will be able to test some more then.