Pro Table Improvement Suggestions

My threads were deep enough, but the issue I had was getting the lead screw to stay still enough to fully tighten the socket head cap screw in all the way. With some advise of another fourm member I took a set of lock jaw pliers, put a rag on the lead screw and then clamped on and tightened the cap screws in all the way. Worked like a charm and no more chatter/noise issues.

3 Likes

Hey all old thread, but found this:

Sheet Metal Flared Hole Dimple Dies (speedwaymotors.com)

It’s a 1 inch bolt through dimple die for 36.99. I think it my be more cost effective then throwing down $$ for a set you may only use once.

The 3D printed dimple die seems to be working for folks now. The print file is available for download for folks who have a 3D printer at home. There are also a couple being shipped around for folks who don’t have a printer - just pay for shipping. There’s a sign-up spreadsheet here to get on the list.

I have a couple I printed and can send to anyone who wants to go that route.

The first time I went to drain the water table I realized that wasn’t going to work – it was annoying and it left too much standing water.

I bought a couple flanges and some fittings from HD and mounted flanges underneath the drain holes (removing the factory drain plugs) and used barbs to connect some random 1/4" ID hose I had laying around and then flange:barb fittings to connect the hose to the table. All that runs to another flange and 1/4-turn fitting mounted to the right rear gusset of the table. Now when I drain the water all I have to do is put a bucket there and turn a lever; it evacuates all but a thin layer of water (which wouldn’t flow out anyway) and is much, much easier to use.

Total cost was about $30.