Primeweld CUT60 Wiring

I looked on their website but they don’t have much on specs.

It says duel voltage, does it come wired? 110/220 or no plug or cord?

I’m quickly running out of space in my garage sub panel. I already have 220, 50A for stick and MIG and 220 30A for a heater. With only 2 slots left in my panel I would like to use one (or both) of my existing 220 plugs for the CUT60 and air compressor. What are the breaker requirements for the CUT60 with 220?

Also if I use it on 110 what thickness will it cut without issues. All my 110’s are true 20A 12ga.

It’s amazing how fast I used up all the slots in my panel.

1 Like

Since you have a spare slot, I’d dedicate one to the compressor, and share the welder one with your plasma. Don’t know what size compressor, but a 30amp 240v will handle most, but if you are running wire, I’d just pull 8ga and make it 50amp.

If you need to splice a new branch of an existing circuit - I used this splice so only one wire is on the breaker lug, and it splits out from there. I’m using 6ga which is overkill for 50a (8 ga is fine) but just because I had some left over from something else.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CTYR7P6

My only dual run exception is when compressor kicks in when plasma cutting - but both my compressor and my plasma specs combined make 48amps and I use a single 50a for both at same time.

I can’t find specs on the Cut60 (which is somewhat concerning - contact them - they should provide it -it’s probably in the user manual). But if it’s an inverter based (it is) plasma, you’re probably looking around 30amps AC @ 240v at max output.

1 Like

It auto detects voltage it has a 50 amp 240v plug with an adapter that you plug in to reduce it to the standard 120v plug.

I haven’t cut any more than test cuts but I cut .1875 plate about 4 inches long on the 120 volt setting with the straight line feature with nice results.

I also second the idea of using your 50amp welding circuit to feed the plasma and use the remaining circuit for a dedicated air compressor. It would be much easier to not weld and cut at the same time than make sure your compressor doesn’t kick on mid cut.

Also if space is the only issue look Into tandem circuit breakers and quad breakers if you haven’t already

1 Like

Anything you need to know about the Primeweld Cut 60. You can call Primeweld or contact me.

1 Like

I have the prime will 60 as well very happy with it it works on dual voltage of course 220 is much better it works fine on 110 just don’t cut 1-inch with it it won’t work you can cut one inch with the 60 I did it . I think it cuts real nice you can call primeweld as well they answer the phone live and they talked to the guy Mike he’s great

Primewell does say 50 amp I’m running my I guess 30 or 40 apps it’s working when I cut one inch the cord got little hot at 60 amps that was the only time I’m using a harbor freight 9000 generator

nevermind, got it

It comes with a NEMA 6-50 plug pre wired on it. Simply plug in where your welders do now. One at a time of course. As far as the CNC wiring for it. Very simple. Need solder iron and about 10 minutes later you are done. There are very good videos on YouTube showing this. One is by AM fab.

Hey Mechanic! I am finishing the setup on my table and was wondering about a few things. I bought a machine torch to use with my Primeweld 60 and am in the process of setting up the THC. So heres my first question…Are the red/black ports on the face of the THC control box not used? I was thinking they may be for the trigger bypass but since Im using a machine torch…?

Yes they are used they are for the THC not the torch.

1 Like

It depends on if you are using the raw voltage or the divided voltage. If you are using the divided voltage from the CNC port they are not used. Each port is labeled what plugs into it.

2 Likes

I would see where your unit sits on this serial number list before you decide whether you want to hook it up raw or divided voltage.

Up until recently it was a good idea just to use raw voltage.

2 Likes

Use the DIV input/output ports if using the divided voltage from the CNC port. Use the top input (red/black) and PV output if using RAW voltage.

and as @TinWhisperer suggested and will add, if the cnc port is towards the bottom right of the cutter, i would suggest hooking it up RAW voltage from inside the cutter. If it’s on the upper right, then you’re good using the cnc port.

2 Likes

Thank you guys soooo much. I called Primeweld and spoke to Dustin, he mentioned the old port vs the new one and he’s sending me a new plasma cutter so that I will have the updated model. Even sending me a shipping label to return the one I bought about 6 months ago. I really cant say enough about the customer service of Primeweld. Every encounter Ive had with them thru this process has been good. Kinda like you guys!

5 Likes

That’s awesome to here.

You should post the serial number of your old unit before you ship it back and then we can see if it shows back up in the (our) system one day. :thinking:

2 Likes

Yeah Dustin’s a good guy. He messages me from time to time on FB messenger for help or questions with other peoples set ups with the cut60, not even with Langmuir tables.

He wanted to pay me for full time tech support but i already have a full time job… :rofl:

1 Like

Ok so I’ve made a …oops. I accidentally tugged on the DVI input cable going from the CNC port to the control box where it says “Torch on off” The end broke off. Is this an item I can order stand alone? Langmuir didn’t answer the phone this am…:disappointed:

If you’ve got a cable from the DIV input to the torch on/off, you’ve got more problems than a broken connector.

Assuming that you mean the torch on/off cable from the plasma cutter to the torch on/off port, you can buy a new cable from Amazon.

This is the one that I used.
10ft 14AWG 12V DC Extension Cable… Amazon.com

1 Like

Thanks that’s the one I needed!

1 Like