PrimeWeld CUT60 removed from compatible list

I admire you guys who work and understand all this technical mumbo-jumbo…

I am the type that mostly pushes buttons and hope things work…you know the type…they usually end up Managers or Directors…ahahahahaha

1 Like

Hahaha, devoted my whole life to it, can’t think in any other format now. :rofl:

I also have been using the Primeweld Cut60 with no issues. I use divided voltage off of the CNC port. No ferrites. Machine is located very close to the Pro table. I have used both the Innotec ipt60 hand torch and the TecMo ptm60 machine torch with success. It is a great plasma cutter (and a great table).

P.S. nicaDd asked when I purchased mine. It was about 9 months ago.

2 Likes

When did you purchase yours? I have a feeling primeweld could have change or used different components recently since that’s when all the issues have been starting. Mine is 2 years old and haven’t had any issues either. I just came back from a buddies house that just got his cut60 on monday. hooked it up exactly like i have mine and was able to cut 1 test coupon before it stopped cutting and giving THC issues. I took my cutter, cpc port and vim box to his place to figure things out and found that his vim box to be the cuplit. opened it up and found the whole bank of resistors on the divided voltage side had fried. Just coincidental that it happened with a NEW cut60.

we were able to wire it up using raw voltage on the internal lugs and that thing cuts great now. Still using his vim box since the divided voltage and raw voltage circuits don’t share paths.

Danny from langmuir has been a great help as well and had us do a few tests.

1 Like

Now that, is very interesting! Bought mine 11 months ago.

I received my original on January 6, 2020 and the replacement in June 2020, so I’m not sure that’s it. I wonder if it’s something specific to how some units were assembled or perhaps a component that is particularly noisy on some but not all?

@Cletus
@nicaDd

1 Like

Dunno if this might help and won’t have a way to find out (I have a Hypertherm and have not finished setting up my Pro) but a company (or two on eBay) sell USB galvanic isolators. I just got one for a different project and don’t have a clue if it even works at all. Unfortunately I am laid up post surgery so I’m afraid I can be of no further help with testing but if it is a ground shift problem (which insulating the box from the frame suggests) then this could do the trick.

Hey, get well soon my friend!
I bought one of those USB isolaters some time ago,just for giggles, and my system absolutely hates it! …the control signals go very intermittent. Serves me right, my system works fine without it! :rofl:

OK, bummer. I thought maybe it was a possibility. I happen to know the compliance program manager for the USB-IF and will ask him if there any isolators that are certified or otherwise seem to work.

I have mixed feelings about this decision as a primeweld cut 60 owner and knowing how many there are using the Pro I would have hoped you would have contacted Primeweld long ago to help with a solution to this problem. I know that the razorweld had issues early on and you worked on a solution with them, also you worked with AHP for a fix before you blacklisted their unit.

Primeweld has been very easy to work with when I have had an issue.

I guess you make money from the Razorweld system and you are a business.

So now you are truly are acting like a business dont forget where you came from this community is what makes all the issues people have had with you system worth it…

And you know they didn’t how?

We know they did reach out (unknown as to when) because they said they have in a post up this thread.

We also know there are 20X more RWs being used vs PWs and the problem only affects 25% of them so the situation is not the same in terms of impact. (They told us this as well.)

We also know the RW problem was able to be replicated but the PW is not, also because they’ve posted that info.

I understand your frustrations but unless you’re experiencing the problem you’re not affected by this decision. And if you are, they’ve also said they’re continuing to try to help current customers, they’re just not digging the hole any deeper.

Well, I understand and thankfully so, @langmuir-daniel has reached out to them and they will be working to get to the bottom of it. Agreed PrimeWeld’s support, performance and price point is super.
I for one will continue to do all I can to assist in resolving this. IMHO they may have jumped the gun a bit in removing the CUT60 from the “compatible list”, let’s see what comes out of this in the next few weeks.

1 Like

I look at this in a different light. Just like PC component companies need to certify they are compliant with a Windows version, I think Plasma cutters should validate they work with a specific table manufacture to ensure compatibility if they want to reassure the buyer. Either the plasma cutter company can do this themselves, or maybe coordinate with Langmuir and send a specific cutter (model, version, etc.) to be validated. The later may require a fee to be paid to Langmuir for this cert. If the manufacture changes any components, they would need to be recertified.

There are way too many cutters out there for Langmuir to keep up with changes in cutters.

1 Like

Well, as the guy whose sad tale probably helped break the camel’s back, I doubt RW sales are the motivating factor. I know just how much tech support time LS has wasted on problems that evaded solutions and how frustrating that is to the customer.

I used two Cut 60s and neither ever worked with the table, despite a full year of troubleshooting. At the same time, I saw lots of other owners having great experiences. I’m no engineer and the logical thing was to blame or at least question the table. I had no idea how many random problems EMI can cause until Danny Downs stepped in to help me.

Bottom line is that status quo had LS devoting disproportionate tech support resources to issues that don’t happen with other cutters. That support time is expensive to the company for obvious reasons, but also because it reflects poorly when it is unsuccessful. The experience is expensive and disheartening for the customer who spends many hours failing to make something work and ends her or his first year having made more scrap than viable parts. At the same time, PW was losing money replacing machines and components for customers. Continuing that bad marriage of machines would ultimately harm the core business of both companies.

All that said, I’ve been in contact with Dustin and Danny over the past few days and they are committed to taking care of their customers. I’m willing to bet those efforts will put PW back in good graces and that new PW buyers end up with an even better cutter.

4 Likes

You guys are a bunch of sheep put your mask on and be quite. Well I don’t half to be quite I have said nothing inappropriate and PW cutters were on the list until this week when it was Arbitrarily decided to take them off Daniel should have contacted primeweld long ago if this was a true issue Primeweld will actually answer a phone call to discuss any issues and to work on solutions. I have had very few issues with my cut 60 and the table most caused by me however I still expect langmuir to answer my questions until my warrenty is up just like I do Primeweld or any other company when i purchase their product.

BTW just reading on Facebook support same issue with Hyperthermia 45 will that one be next for the cut list. Just sayin

1 Like

First…there is no need to be rude and insulting…

Second…

As Daniel stated in the very first post…

Langmuir and Primeweld are going to work on this issue…and so are many of the users who have them and either have experienced…or have had no issues but are going to try and find the problem…Langmuir has just brought it to everyones attention that there is a problem…

1 Like

Well next time you quote someone please include the entire context of the quote

“You guys are a bunch of sheep put your mask on and be quite. Well I don’t half to be quite I have said nothing inappropriate

“I have” for the past year we have been told what to do and how to do it, so unless you think you are a sheep I would not own what i said.

second

"and PW cutters were on the list until this week when it was Arbitrarily decided to take them off " This is fact…

Third “Daniel should have contacted primeweld long ago if this was a true issue” again “fact” this should have been done long ago just like they have had to do with Razorweld, AHP, and some of the other machines.

“again fact” it has been done before and should have been done this time before sending out a statement of non support for the cutter that many of their customers own and work with…doing this would have been a better business decision…

Primeweld will actually answer a phone call to discuss any issues and to work on solutions. “again fact”

“I have had very few issues with my cut 60 and the table most caused by me however”

again Fact I have been the cause of several of the issue I have had and yes some I have emailed Langmuir about them and received support from them via email.

I have never said the table is a bad product. Although, many thousands of hours have been spent by Langmuir customers diagnosing table issues which have lead to changes with the electronics, software, and design by Langmuir. I am glad for this because it has helped them become more successful and we have a better product.

I still expect langmuir to answer my questions until my warranty is up just like I do Primeweld or any other company when i purchase their product.

“again fact” I paid good money for this table and at the time the cutter I have was an accepted option so yes I expect them to honor the warrant and support.

BTW just reading on Facebook support same issue with Hyperthermia 45 will that one be next for the cut list. Just sayin
Again a fact as seen on the facebook support site…

I apologize if I have hurt your sensibilities I did not realize you were such a delicate flower. As I have explained I was not talking to you the inference was to myself. I should have know that some would not be quick enough to understand what I was saying.

My daughter will often tell me it is not what I say but how I say it. so I am sorry if I hurt you or anyone else on the forum. I do however retain my right as an american to have my own opinion and the freedom to express it.

I hope Daniel does what he promised with primeweld and follows up otherwise an entry level person such as myself may take a pass on the whole thing.

2 Likes

not worth responding to…

6 Likes