PrimeWeld CUT60 removed from compatible list

I’m working on it! …trying to find a needle in a haystack, and, thing is, I don’t even have a haystack to begin with! …this group is gonna make me turn to drinkin’ :zap::rofl::tumbler_glass::tumbler_glass::tumbler_glass:

1 Like

turn to???..you are so late to the game…

Is there any known way to reach out to the PrimeWeld development team? I would really like to get em involved in the research I’m doing. @mechanic416 @langmuir-daniel you got any influence with those guys?

1 Like

I would give them a call at their US headquarters in NJ. (856) 537-4368

They have been very good handling customer support in the past and should be able to point you in the right direction.

I think you should talk directly to Primeweld because they are estimating around 1000 Cut60 units on Langmuir tables. I don’t think you have 20K Razorwelds / Langmuir tables out there by a long stretch. I will bet that the Cut60 is possibly the most popular cutter second to Langmuir bundling Razorwelds, but no way 20 to 1 ratio comes close to exist.

1 Like

You might try this thing called “Rhum” I hear there may be a small supply of it on your island.

We’ve reached out to Primeweld and they tell us they have forwarded it to their engineering people to review. We shall see where things go from here.

You are correct that we can only guess the ratio of razorwelds to primewelds. I however know how many machines we have sold and how many razorwelds we have sold. Given the popularity and prevalence of Hypertherm, Everlast, and a handful of others, I would be surprised if the 1000 figure provided to you is accurate (I would question how Primeweld would know that figure with any accuracy). Even still if the 1000 number is true, my original estimate is not dramatically off.

1 Like

That’s very encouraging news, thanks @langmuir-daniel.

I must be one of the lucky ones with the cut60. I had the cut60 before I even heard of LS.

I have been running the cut60 with a machine torch from @mechanic416 since I received my Pro a month ago. I haven’t had any issues, with cut times up to 7 minutes with or without the computer plugged into power and using the stock USB from LS. The only “Electronics” mod I made was during assembly, I mounted the electronics box on a piece of wood and then to the table leg. The supplied insulating strip and plastic washers seemed a little funky.

Hopefully I didn’t jinx myself by posting this.

Is the is the reason I’m struggling with my primeweld cut 60 to get the cutting voltage?. I’m getting 1.5 to 1.6v on the plug that plugs into the fire control box. I get about 1.7v out of the Primewest to the divider box. I have multiple USB chokes and now a usb isolater with no cure. Next up to was looking the fire control box as see she’s off the module
Is alive. I’m reading machine speeds and it shows the HTC is connected.

Would running raw voltage work ? I’m a electrical engineer so not a problem doing the wiring changes.

It was all working on the Razor 45 until I changed to the primeweld. I run a small form factor windows PC on the table.

This was probably the move that saved you. You isolated the electronics ground from the table. Good move!

2 Likes

100% echo those comments! :rofl:

Without tearing-up my working system too much, I have not been successful in getting my CUT60 to louse-up my control system or computer… Although this does not get us any closer to a resolution I read this as a GOOD THING! :rofl:

1 Like

So they day I get a notification that my Crossfire Pro has shipped I get a notification that my Plasma Cutter is no longer supported. Awesome.

1 Like

I’m glad I said F#$k it and bought a Hypertherm. I already forgot what it cost.

1 Like

Absolutely 0, ZERO, problems with my CUT60 and the crossfire pro. Never ever an issue, unless when I forgot to turn on air or connect ground :slight_smile:
This decision makes me VERY… surprised. I do not use any choke, I do use the supplied USB cable, my setup is very “casual”. Are you sure these users that lament issues know how to use it?

2 Likes

Do not worry, you will most likely be fine. What did it mean that it was “supported” before? Not much.

1 Like

Exactly!! :smile:

1 Like

@Cletus can you do me a favor and test the voltage from the divided output cable form the cnc port and test me what it reads? Mine has around .2 volts

Checking my notes to see if I have it written down, else I would open up the box tonight and measure.
For what it’s worth I am running Raw voltage (pins 5 & 7 from the CUT60) into my T3T-3C THC divider board, its he only way I got a decent signal. That raw signal is actually via two 100K resistors internal to the CUT60 (to prevent connector arcing) and the output is quite nasty. The T3T-3C divider board has a lot of signal processing going on to clean it up internally, to make it useful.