Primeweld cut60 cnc hookup?

Just got my crossfire pro assembled, now looking for directions to hook up primeweld cut60 cnc wires, I’ll be using George’s machine torch ptm60, will I have to open up plasma machine or port on rear?, I have the air, refrigerated system, software installed, I will have the thc installed also. Thanks for your help

1 Like

I think the information you want can be found in this post:

https://forum.langmuirsystems.com/t/diy-cpc-cable-for-everlast-and-primeweld-w-cnc-port/11281

1 Like

Ok got it connected, Question…I see you can connect it 1 of 2 way by raw voltage or divided 50:1 voltage, I see the software if set up for divided voltage so that’s the way I went, by is there any advantage to going raw voltage and how to get software to read raw voltage?? Will it automatically read raw? Thanks

Theoretically, no benefit to raw vs divided. Divided just steps the voltage down inside the cutter. That means you just plug your cable into the divided circuit port and you’re good.

With raw, the Crossfire has to drop the voltage. That means you need to open up the cutter and tap into the correct wiring. A little more hassle.

But there are a couple of plasma cutters that say they are pushing divided out through their CNC port but folks have had problems because that wasn’t what is coming out of the wires. They had to tap into raw circuits instead. Searching for your cutter model & “RAW” will likely uncover any posts if that’s an issue with your model.

The VIM box is setup for you to tell it which type of signal you’re getting out of the box. There’s a different connection for each and they’re labeled. It won’t work if you give it raw voltage but use the divided connection and vice versa.