Primeweld Cut 60. More table friendly

I guess mine is a gen 2 machine. cpc port lower right side. serial # 32104230183. I bought it in June or July 2021. My thc (not Langmuir) will not work using pins 4&6 on the cpc port. I have blown up 2 pwm (maybe the same thing as a VIM?). I get no voltage readings on my computer interface. Can someone verify if it will work with pins 5&7 or should I just go into the machine and tap into the mains as outlined on this forum? For my particular setup I will have to buy a separate voltage divider card to send the right voltage to the torch height control if I go internal. TIA for any input.

I suggest using the raw voltage inside.

If you read langmuir’s PSA regarding the PWCut 60 some users reported voltage spikes even after having had sustained success using the divided voltage port.

I had mine wired through the divided voltage never had any issues but after reading the Langmuir PSA I switched it to be safe.

I second what @72Pony said. I believe the divided and raw voltage coming from the cnc port are on the same board inside the cutter that was having issues. some users have used it with no issues but some also had no issues with the divided voltage so it’s hit and miss.

Thank you everyone for all the feedback. After double checking the guts of the machine and not being ready to take it apart to get you pictures I figured I’d test the air and cutter tip before hand. As luck, or unluck, would have it, something wasn’t quite right with the tip or air (or both?). I put an old spent assembly back on the torch and bumped up the psi to 70…I usually stay closer to 65…and she fired perfectly. I then reconnected my air dryer system, put other new hardware on and rest fired with fire control and everything worked perfectly. Thank you all for the feedback and suggestions! I’m so relieved that it wasn’t something more serious.

2 Likes