Primeweld Cut 60 CNC wiring pins

Yea, it’s like I said you never know how they have their wiring. In the real world red is + and black is - .

3 Likes

So I Just had my prime weld start cutting and stop and turn off no breaker what flipped and it will not turn back on. Any tips

I would call primeweld. heard they have really good customer service.

1 Like

What type of wires did you use? Or is it provided when you receive your THC kith with the pro?

Just want to verify

1 and 2 pins are for torch firing. Coloring does not matter on these.

4 is the red wire aka negative wire

6 is the black wire aka positive wire.

Joshua

Just the wires from the included cables… correct on pin outs and colors

The PDF file in this post has excellent detail on the connector wiring for the Primeweld CUT60 if anyone is interested.

https://forum.langmuirsystems.com/t/diy-cpc-cable-for-everlast-and-primeweld-w-cnc-port/11281

1 Like

How long are the wires that come with the Pro THC?

1 Like

Raw voltage: 33". Divided voltage pigtail: 20". Div to control box is about 60". At least that’s what I have with mine.

1 Like

My Crossfire controller board gave up the ghost. Langmuir sent me a new one, but told me that others with a Primeweld CUT60 using the CNC port have had the same issue and advised me to wire it up under the cover rather than through the CNC port.

The Primeweld had nothing to do with the control board going bad. Wiring the THC direct inside the Primeweld just bypasses the resisters on the plasma cutter CNC board.

The Langmuir controller wants to see a certain reading. To many resisters will cause it to give reading outside what it wants to see and will therefore cause problems.

The controller was set up for plasma cutters like the Razorweld that does not have a CNC board and is wired direct to raw arc voltage.

1 Like

@mechanic416 The current RW cutters have divided voltage output to the motion controller. I have one and it works very well through the DIV input of the VIM. If it were reporting raw voltage, it would fry the resistors in that circuit in short order.

1 Like

I have never seen a Razorweld 45 with a CNC board in it could you please post some pictures. I would also like to see the voltage output reading from the plasma cutter.

1 Like

@mechanic416 Just do a search here on the forum for Razorweld CNC. Lots of users have them.

@mechanic416 I’m pretty skeptical, too. I’m inclined to think the Langmuir controller is too fragile. If it was just that the divided voltage from the THC was out of range, that would be easy enough to resolve; Ohm’s law is hard to argue with. But for now I’m caught between warranties.

Every Razorweld 45 that we sell has a 50:1 divided board inside with a 2 pin port on the case.

1 Like

I don’t buy it! If that was the case then you would be replacing control board for a lot of people that have the older Razorweld and a lot of other plasma cutters that are using RAV not 50:1.

Primeweld has a 50:1 that puts out 1.7 to 2.4 volts and don’t seem to work with the Langmuir controller.

@mechanic416 The voltage output from the plasma power source—be it raw or 50:1–goes to a VIM module that has parallel paths for each kind of input. Raw feeds into the VIM case through a set of banana connectors made for high voltage and gets stepped down by a set of resistors. 50:1 feeds in through a separate input (5.5x2.1 low voltage) and gets stepped down by a completely different set of resistors. The resulting signal is fed to the motion control box. So, unless the VIM could somehow fail closed or a user chose to wire up a cable to bypass the VIM, no high voltage can go to the motion control box.

@mechanic416 CNC boards on the Cut 60 are hit or miss. Your nominal voltage example would work fine, but in service that board puts out wildly fluctuating voltage of up to 16V. I know because LS measured 16V off the 50:1 output on the Cut 60 they got from me.

@kansascuts I think what they were telling you is that the CNC board on the Cut 60 is prone to high voltage spikes that can destroy the DIV side of the VIM. That doesn’t affect the motion controller itself because those resistors fail open and just stop sending any signal to the THC board. By using raw volts tapped from inside the machine, you bypass the Cut 60 CNC board and that particular issue with the divided voltage. You also avoid the lesser fluctuations in voltage that can make the THC act whacky with that cutter.

What’s their to buy? The Razorwelds output 50:1 voltage at the port on the front. That’s IF they have a THC port. All plasma cutters we sold prior to September 2019 did not have a THC port.

The VIM has two input options. Raw voltage or 50:1 divided. If you use a RW, you use the divided input on the VIM.

The reason some primewelds fry the VIM is because they output seriously excessive voltage. We have one in our shop that is outputting 18 volts on the 50:1 divided pins. We have informed Primweld of 5 different examples but not sure if any progress has been made on their part.

1 Like