Primeweld Cut 60 CNC wiring pins

I just started installing the THC and I’m using the Primeweld Cut 60. I can’t figure out how to wire the VIM into the CNC port in the back of the machine. Would anyone be willing to give me guidance on how to do this? this is the adapter that came with the cutter but I can’t figure out how to attach the wires to pin 4 & 6. Thanks for your help! Gary

1 Like

You solder the wires to the pins. 1 and 2 for the trigger and 4 and 6 for the divider.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info. I see the 4 & 6 pins are for the THC but I haven’t seen anything about pins 1 & 2 for the trigger. Am I just missing something? Thanks

1 Like

Yes, you have to have trigger wires or it won’t fire.

2 Likes

I followed the directions for wiring the torch to the inside of the machine (like in the pic). Do I need to remove from inside the machine and solder to the CNC pins in the back? Thanks

Instructions: Locate the torch firing cable that was provided with your machine and connect the blade connectors to the T-Tap connectors.

It does not matter which blade connector gets plugged into which T-tap connector. The polarity and wire coloring is not important.

1 Like

NO you do NOT wire anything to the inside of the plasma cutter. It all gets wired to the CNC plug ONLY.

3 Likes

I really appreciate you taking the time to help me. What you’re saying makes sense but it makes me wonder why the instructions go into detail about splicing the wires and using the furnished wire connectors. I would prefer to use the CNC pins so I guess I need to disconnect the splice connectors, cut the connector ends off, and solder the wires to pins 1 & 2? Thanks again mechanic416! As you can tell I’m very new at this.

1 Like

technically he can but not necessary since the CUT60 has the CNC port.

GCJUBY:

here’s how i connected mine to the CNC port. The top 2 pins are 1 & 2 to fire the torch. Wire color doesn’t matter as long as it’s those 2 pins. I would also add heat shrink on the ends or at least electrical tape on the ends to prevent shorting.

2 Likes

the instructions provided by Langmuir are for cutters that don’t have a CNC port.

4 Likes

Thank you nicaDd! It makes sense. I assume you simply cut the ends off in order to solder to the CNC pins?

1 Like

“Technically” if he opens up the plasma cutter he voids his warranty. Then if he hooks it to the wrong wires, say the pilot arc wires and burns something up hes on his own.

1 Like

Yes, you just cut the ends off and solder them to pins 1 and 2 for the trigger.

1 Like

yes. I don’t remember mine coming with the end connectors attached.

what i did was dip the bare ends in flux, coat them with solder then inserted the soldered ends into the cnc pins and heated it up again with the iron so the solder can fill the pin holes.

1 Like

true, BUT for non CNC cutters, that’s the only way to attached the wires…

Yes it is and if you cause something to burn out of blow a pc board then your on your own as they don’t have to warranty it no matter whom makes the plasma cutter. You should always ask the manufacture how to and if its ok before doing it.

As I do a lot of warranty repair work, if I see someone has been in the unit I stop and contact the manufacture to see how to proceed from their.

Hello …wondering if anyone can tell me what color wire goes to pin 4 on the CNC plug …is it the red or black from the THC pigtail …thanks in advance

Pin #4 is negative so I would guess the black wire, but I don’t know what Langmuir wiring manual for the THC tells you.

1 Like

Just a note here. The Primeweld cut 60 1/50 pins 4 and 6 should read between 1.76 and 2.08 volts for the THC.

1 Like

Fairly new to everything Watch everything about this stuff Seems to be confusing me sometimes more than helping me I know in time I will get it Thanks to mechanic416 he knows everything about this
( George thanks ) set up thanks George I really need a lot of help you been doing a lot for everyone . From all the post that I’ve seen !
Guarantee one thing
Not if. but when.
I do need help
Parts /consumables / Repairs You know where I’m coming 1st …
I am old school I believe in loyalty. And remember people that Support and help myself others thanks again George you been tremendous help for everybody :clap: Like to meet you in person in shake your hand So this is the next best thing :clap: Not just to business but a Passion for you it seems like thanks again George.
Waiting for my crossfire post supposed to be here this month in the middle August. Going crazy waiting

2 Likes

George , thank you for the feedback …just FYI for others that have a primeweld cut 60 and are hooking up the THC …Red wire will go to pin 4 as it’s the negative and black wire to pin 6 . Again thank you for the help .

2 Likes