Practical Fusion 360 Videos

Sketch one is located in the F3D file.

https://forum.langmuirsystems.com/uploads/short-url/c9VENXmJTvMaazUzk45ToWGMED4.f3d

It’s listed in your browser on the left hand side of the screen under sketches.

The next video I think I’m going to get back to some more friendly fun drawing.

1 Like

:+1: Wow I’m never going to get this! :joy:

Video 4 part 1 of 2

The points in this video we will visit are:

**Creating the CAD for an EXIT sign in Fusion360 **

Similar to Video 1 but with also adding text.

Here is the Video

https://www.loom.com/share/b3c1a8c197a343c2a142233f68a3dea9

Once I am done part two I’ll upload this project to fireshare but for now here is the DXF.

EXIT SIGN.dxf (8.0 KB)

6 Likes

Keep em coming!

1 Like

Perfect! I will practice this tomorrow! Thanks so much!

1 Like

Video 4 part 2 of 2

The point(s) in this video we will visit are:

**Creating the CAM for an EXIT sign in Fusion360 **

Here is the Video

https://www.loom.com/share/8d2d00e78a904cce815a87f7a7ca9a31

Project Files

Exit Sign.f3d (136.7 KB)
EXIT SIGN.dxf (7.9 KB)
Exit Sign.nc (5.0 KB)
exit sign example Video 4 part 1 or 2 1.pdf (77.6 KB)

https://www.langmuirsystems.com/fireshare/exit-sign-project-from-tinwhisperer-video-4

3 Likes

@TinWhisperer These are great videos, thanks for taking the time to make them.
When i get to the cut path i chose the cut path but it did not cut the 4 holes, so i went back and let fusion chose the cut path still did not cut the 4 holes. I included the f3d file. I have no idea why this happened. I watched the video a few times but can not figure it out.

I also have a question and included a pic about this browser when i get to this point and have made some mistakes, edits and what ever else i did, what does all this now mean. And do i need to delete the setups that have the mistakes since i’m not going to use that one? I hope this makes sense?
no hurry and in your spare time, thanks
Exit sign- TW v2.f3d (145.2 KB)

2 Likes

This is likely going to be that Fusion believes there’s not enough room to fit the lead in,lead in radius, lead out radius, lead out and the kerf width within that cut.

Reduce the value on some or all of these and it will add them in as soon as there is enough room.

When I get back to my office I’ll check out your f3d file on my computer and make sure that’s what’s going on.

As far as those failed NC files and setups in the browser goes: you can right click and delete them or you could right click and edit them , either would work.

Just make sure you click the correct setup before going into producing g code.

Thanks for watching Joe.

2 Likes

thanks, I will go try to fix them like you said and see if that is my problem, and No rush at your convenience
thanks for the clarification on the setups.

YES SIR! I fixed the problem it was what you said it was! THANKS again!
you can look at this correct one to see all me mistakes as i went through! :rofl:
Exit sign- TW v2.f3d (146.3 KB)

Does this browser look correct now or should the line with the “!” be deleted too? I assume it does because that had the problem, correct?

1 Like

The yellow Mark with the exclamation mark means that you have made some changes to the model since creating that NC file now the “NC is out of date”

You could have right clicked on that one and edited it (updated it)

Or

Start another file like you did.

But you are safe to erase that NC file or leave it it’s not going to hurt anything.

Just make sure you select the setup that has an NC file that’s not flagged for when you move into the final step and create your g code.

Just wondering if there is any new videos in the works?

Was working on a few potential future ones.

I did try to film cutting an exit sign with fire control but the computer in the shop does not want to run video capture software at the same time so I’m trying to figure that out.

Also thinking about doing one where I take a simple black and white image off the internet and convert it into a SVG and then into fusion 360.

I did want to get into some of the sheet metal aspects of fusion too but I think I will need to switch up to a longer form video first.

I probably won’t post one for the next few days

1 Like

these ideas sound good! no rush i can wait. thanks!

You tripped me up on the ‘print’ step near the end. I was looking for the ‘three dots’…
It was only after I went down several rabbit holes that I realized that your export PDF brought you to Microsoft Edge and THAT is where the three dots exist. I don’t use Edge, but that’s ok, but you need to tell us about the context switch…

Sorry about that @TomWS it’s just natively installed Windows programming so I didn’t even think about it.

I’ll make sure I give everyone a heads up when I switch out of fusion360 into another piece of software in the future.

You could open it in Adobe reader and get similar results.

1 Like

On my freshly installed Windows 10 I have FireFox and Fusion 360… :wink:

@TinWhisperer
I did install Adobe Reader (after unchecking the damn EXTRA CRAP they want to force on you). So I have a sufficiently working platform to test this fusion thing. I did not have a rousing success on the print operation, however. The scale was not exactly 1:1, but there are many reasons for this and, at this point, it’s not a major concern of mine. I might install SheetCam to verify the output files, but that’s a few videos down the road I think.

1 Like

The really nice part about Adobe reader is it has the ability to make posters so then if you have parts that are bigger than a sheet of paper it can accommodate that .
A lot of those programs default to “fit to page” and you have to find “actual size” or “1:1”

Well thank you for bearing with them. lol

I was working on the 5th video some more this morning

1 Like

I did select that, but I think my printer decided to scale because the content fell outside the margins. Don’t know for sure, but, printing has always been a learning ‘experience’…

**Video 5 **

The points we visit in this video are:

**Converting an image with a browser based converter **

**Using that image to create a plaque in fusion 360 **

Here is the Video

https://www.loom.com/share/73b5f12ad26945efa574983a367b9cd8

here are all the project files and links

https://convertio.co/

flower plaque v3.f3d (377.1 KB)
FLOWER PLAQUE.dxf (59.7 KB)
flower-stencil_3
flower stencil