Possible “cold feet”

GREAT IDEA! This might do the trick!!!

7 Likes

You should try SVG, it’s cleaner, more portable, and inkscape saves an image with it for preview… And thats like a 60 second tool path in sheetcam, including post processing, unless you want to start messing around with your start points… Which I do, I put them in a position that I can get my magnet tool in there to grab the pieces before they tip up…

1 Like

Oh, and if you forget about valentines day, just run out to the table!!! LOL

4 Likes

The bottom of your explanation point is going to drop off, lol But I love it.

1 Like

Just keeping you on your toes!!! LOL

2 Likes

Great demonstration of just how fast something can be fixed. Great work, can I cut this?

Thank you

Cut away!!! I get 30% though if you market it! LOL

30% of free is not very much. Lol Have a great evening.

Thank you

1 Like

I always check and adjust tool paths as well but I prefer DXF files because it is much easier to edit out open segments on my cad program than finding them on inkscape. I save inkscape files both as SVG and DXF but DXF always loads at proper scale.
Saw your valentines flowers on the Facebook group page. Very nice

1 Like

Wow, Thank You everyone that commented, some great tips and suggestions I can work on before the table gets here.

I will be looking into sheetcam, and I already intended to purchase the Hyperthermia 45xp.

Now I’m back to constantly wanting my table here today!

4 Likes

I do not think that anyone has received the complete Pro yet, so not sure what troubles you are finding. I do not own a table and have never used one, but I am excited to get my table I am in the second batch and I am excited also I and no remorse for the purchase. You can have issues with any of these machines it seems to often to be operator error and not the machine and those errors get fixed with time using the equipment.

In the long run it is a personal decision one based on desire and ability to purchase.

I hope someone can help you with your question as for me I still cannot wait to get the machine…:slight_smile:

2 Likes

I hear that’s a cold cutting machine! You can touch the metal right after cutting it! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m a Batch 2-er and am benefitting from the lead time to learn as much as I can beforehand. I have zero knowledge in CNC, my garage has a single 110vac outlet, I do not have a plasma cutter yet, I don’t own a laptop…and I have a Mercedes under a car cover right where the Crossfire Pro is going to be positioned. Oh, I lack in just about any measurable degree of artistic ability - the best I can do is to draw a turkey figure by tracing around my hand.

Don’t have cold feet at this point other than the shock of the expenditures, to-date. Nurturing some semblance of creativity is scary enough. I figure I can learn how to use Fusion/Mach 3 eventually… applying the ‘put a monkey in front of a typewriter…’ theory to the test.

If you can ride a CB900RR and perform maintenance, stay alive… well, it is my opinion that CNC cutting and having fun (even freehand plasma cutting) will be a cakewalk. For me, I just need to reign in my ADD tendencies and focus and it’ll be rewarding. :wink:

3 Likes

You can save $175.00 by not getting mach 3 , and use the free firecontrol software that will be out in a short time. Fusion takes a good pc to run but acording to LS firecontrol will run off about anything, so a cheapo or used will control the table. ( make sure OS is compatable ) When I got my crossfire I was where your at now on knowledge of cnc and fusion. The monkey infront of the typewriter isnt a theory, I learned to type.

3 Likes

I am glad to hear that others are or have been in the same boat that I am, I am looking forward to getting the machine and getting it going. Learning Fusion is something that I am working on right now but have not found very many good tutorials that I can follow and/or classes I can take.

ConFusion can be just that. Most tutorials are back before they made some changes within the last year. . If you have a Q dont be afraid to ask in the Forum. Many here knows it inside out. Fusion would be awsome if you was building a space shuttle, overkill for what we are doing.

3 Likes

We actually just completely remade all of our Fusion tutorial videos a few weeks back so they are as current as they can be. They are posted here: http://www.langmuirsystems.com/software/fusion

5 Likes

Thank you, I havnt used Fusion much latley or watched your vids. I will now though.

1 Like

I’m in the same boat as you, but I haven’t ordered yet. I have other issues, mainly timing with their price and us moving (hopefully) soon.

There are much easier softwares to learn than fusion… Like another poster said, overkill for what we are doing… If you really need 2d CAD, try Qcad for free, if you’re just doing artwork learn inkscape… There are a million tutorials on inkscape, and a large forum community as well… I have used high end CAD for years CATIA, Unigraphics, Solidworks, Solidedge, etc… Fusion while not in the league of those, is overly constraining for most stuff you will cut out on your crossfire… Complex shapes that need to be accurate, sure… but how often are you going to do that?? Don’t get yourself stuck in the fusion wormhole… I have never used it for creating toolpath, but I have heard all the pitfalls of it. I paid $130 for sheetcam and it’s as easy to create toolpath as printing a book report from Microsoft word…

Free is great, just remember time is money too…

5 Likes