POR 15 on stainless pan?

Has anyone tried coating the stainless pan with POR 15 coating. Ive used it for many things and its super tough but never on stainless. Cleans up real easy. Similar to an epoxy finish. Thanks

Why would you wanna do that?

1 Like

Mainly looking at some of the forums that talked about powder coating the pans etc. I live in alaska and dont have that option available in my location. Just seems like alot of guys have said the pans just become corroded etc. Maybe im overthinking it as i havent even received my machine. Appreciate your opinion.

I just dropped a 16ga thick SS sheet in the pan below the slats (it sits on a few 1/4" nuts as spacers) for added insurance. Been running it every day since June last year, no issues.
I have a coolant reservoir system with a pump, so I fill the water-table before cutting and drain immediately after use (just takes a minute).
Once a week I allow the remnant water to evaporate completely (overnight), then scrape the crud with a paint scraper and vacuum up the debris with the shop-vac.

2 Likes

Now that sounds like a great idea. I think I’ll order up some pieces once i get my order and get some sizes. Thanks for the input.

1 Like