Plasma Cutter Misfire Detected issue

I have been trying to resolve this issue for several hours. I have done searches and tried various possibilities.

Set up:
Version 21.1.4
THC Version 1.10
Crossfire V1.2ls

When i select start the torch moves to position and engages THC, live voltage goes from 0 to 300 then back to 0 when it does not fire.

Here is what i have done to this point
*software update
*disconnect and reconnect all cables
*changed consumables
*tried turning THC off and manual fire (nothing)
*tried a straight cut to eliminate gcode issue from the file i was using.
*checked ground from the plate on the table back to the plasma with a meter and it is good.
*Rebooted both the laptop and the Lagmuir several times (running on battery not power cord)

Would really appreciate suggestions. Thank you.

Hello, I have read and re read and can’t determine. Is the plasma arc itself firing but the software is giving an error or is nothing happening at all? Do you have a machine torch or hand held torch?

No fire at all. Machine Torch

What plasma cutter? Is the work clamp on the metal? Is the laptop charging? What is your air pressure to the plasma cutter and what is the pressure set on the plasma cutter?

Sounds mechanical and internal either to plasma cutter or torch. Have you disassembled torch head, checked it for issues and replaced consumables? Also, are you getting any air passing thru cutter and torch lead?

Primeweld Cut60 wired internal has not ever had an issue over the last year.

Work clamp direct to metal and i used a meter to verify ground back to plasma

Laptop on battery.

Air pressure is 70

I did disassemble torch and verified it was good. I did replace all consumables.
Air is passing thru.

Did you try and manual fire the torch to see if it will fire not using the CNC controller?

1 Like

I was wondering if that was possible with a machine torch, I don’t have any experience with those.

Yes, just jump the trigger pins at the CNC plug. Or the wires from the trigger from inside the plasma cutter if it has no CNC plug.

Yes, i connected my hand torch and it fires just fine

Then the trouble is in the program or the control box. Most likely the trigger relay.

how can i test that i would assume ohms on the relay?

First thing is to unplug the control trigger relay, then plug it back in setting it all the way and retest. The relay should click if its working.

@mechanic416 is probably right. however I just want to ask one question to clarify… you said you hooked up your Hand torch……. So does that mean you still haven’t seen your machine torch fire today? If so I would do as @mechanic416 said and jump the machine torch pins to make sure the machine torch was functioning ok. Just to not leave that question hanging in the air.

1 Like

It appears the issue might be this. When i hit start the torch goes into position and sets the height then starts moving. It moves and no fire. I have adjusted the delay from .2 all the way up to .9 still no fire.

I tried turning the torch on manually and still nothing. I am at a loss. I can open the case and look at the relay but if thc is off then i would think it would fire.

Have you successfully fired your machine torch at all today?

Not for sure i understand how to do that. Can you give me more info please?

You still haven’t said if you can hear the torch fire relay click inside the control box when you hit the torch fire button. That is the most likely reason that the torch is not firing. Either the torch relay is bad/loose or the torch firing cable is not plugged in properly or is damaged.

I will open the case and see if i can hear the relay.

Thank you.