Pierce Height Everlast 52i

Hi everyone hopefully this isn’t a duplicate topic. I have a Everlast 52i cutter I like it for the most part. But it has problems sensing that it needs to switch to cutting amperage. I’ve tried increasing the pierce delay. I have it at 1.05 seconds. But one thing that has worked in addition to that is greatly decreasing my pierce height. I did have it at .10 inches now i have it at .06 inches and it seems to sense it better. I watch on the plasma cutter the pilot arc amperage is 23 amps and the full amperage is whatever my setting is. Still doesn’t cut my first few millimeters usually without a long pierce delay and a short arc gap. My voltage is usually right where I set it at about 105 volts. But I notice a huge difference in the amperage. The pilot amperage just sprays sparks everywhere and doesn’t pierce but one the full amperage switches on. which i can hear the actual machine make a click contactor sound. Then it cuts like butter.

We need a lot more info.

What size metal
What size cutting tip
What is the air pressure to the plasma cutter
What is the cutting air pressure
What amps is the plasma cutter set at
Shielded or unshielded consumables
What is the IPM set at what is the plunge rate set at

We need all the info you can give us to try and get it sorted out.

1 Like

2nd the more information .

“feels like” wrong tip size for amperage messing with the cut arc engaging

similar issue here i think .

but like @mechanic416 said post your parameters, screenshots, files.

more information with help narrow your issues down,

I have a 62i…never had a problem…
where is your material clamp…
where did you get your divided or raw voltage from?
I have my raw voltage right from the lugs inside the machine before it leaves the case…true raw voltage

Thank you guys for writing sorry been really busy. Still need to get more info. A lot of it I believe was my ground clamp corroding from sitting in the water. I purchased a copper magnetic ground clamp and that seems to have helped a lot but time will tell.

3 Likes