Only half the drawing is extruding (newbie) -SOLVED Open Contour

Hi all, I loaded a file into F360 and started making edits to the sketch and for some reason, certain sections are not showing up when I extrude. Any thoughts on what I might be fighting?

Open line maybe

Must be. I’m having a hell of a time finding it though

Check this post it has lots of good info in it.

2 Likes

If you share the file I, or someone else, could take a look at it. As Knick said, it is likely an open contour or a line that extends too far or a double line somewhere.

It is most likely in the lower left half but not always. If the image is a repeated pattern, there could be an error in the original source for the pattern.

2 Likes

Thanks @Knick I found it.

3 Likes

Thanks @ChelanJim

I am continually impressed by this group.

1 Like

Well you just impressed us! Good job!

1 Like

Good to hear! I was glad I was able to help, normally Jim swoops in and saves the day before I can even read the post. He must have been napping

2 Likes

The boss sent me to the store to get “Meringue Powder”! :face_with_raised_eyebrow: Never heard of it before. I asked three older ladies in the baking aisle and they tried to help. One said “Maybe you’ll have to ask someone who works here!?” Yea, like that works out well at “The Walmart” :man_facepalming:

Well, I did find an employee and he did help. Nope…not in the baking aisle. It was across the store at the greeting card section. They have a specialty cake decorating area there in party supplies.

But thanks Knick for bringing it up and making me relive that whole ordeal! :rage: :wink:

Thanks for filling in!!

4 Likes

Seriously? Meringue is whipped egg whites with a bit of sugar. SLLLLOOOOOWWWWW baked at very low temperature and a fussy thing to do correctly. I’ll have to ask my Cake Baking daughter about this! I LOVE Meringue!"

EDIT: Word from the Master Baker: “It’s an Egg White substitute.”
In answer to “Is it any good?” : “As an egg white substitute? Yes” :grinning:
Then “It’s what I use in my Royal Icing recipe.” “I never used it in a Meringue or Angel Food cake.” Update: She did make Meringue Unicorn Horns for her five year old daughter’s birthday party and they were a hit! :rofl:

Here is an example of some Meringue Decorations my daughter made:

4 Likes

Tom!!! Who are you? Where do you come up with this stuff?

You need to be on Jeopardy!

2 Likes

I second that.

1 Like

Who are you guys kidding!? You just want me OUTTA Here! Ain’t gonna happen. I’m having too much fun here.

2 Likes

That is not true, Tom. It would help if you started a word-of-the-day topic to bring some sophistication to the thread.

2 Likes

Here. here. We are semi-trainable. We are not entirely ill-ignorant.

Bigdaddy (whisper) that word means you you don’t reed, rite?

2 Likes

I miss the old TinMan :sleepy:

1 Like

I made you cry, didn’t I? :frowning_with_open_mouth: I’m sorry BigDaddy.

We’ll have Tom whip you up a cup of creamy hot chocolate Meringue with marshmallows. You will feel better.

Sorry @not_neil_armstrong to destroy your thread. We do seem to blow off some stream after the OP has a solution to their problem.

3 Likes

All good.
Thanks for the support on the thread and the chuckles.

2 Likes

I could eat three of those right now!

Could you bring some of those to Tin’s party we are expecting him to throw?

1 Like