No connection to lap top

Anyone have an issue with their pc reconnecting to crossfire? This has been happening to me the past week now. Sometimes pc connects then won’t reconnect. I’ve tried restarting computer , powering off and on crossfire, cleaning USB ports in pc and crossfire cpu. I’ve been cutting for about a month now with no such problem then all of a sudden it won’t recognize crossfire I’m fire control …any solutions would be appreciated

If you have a spare USB cable I would try swapping it out. An easy thing to eliminate at the very least.

Yeah, this is not the problem. I’ve done all the trouble shooting I can do.

ok…bear with us…there may be some repeat questions…but we can try to solve this with you…
have you tried to reinstall the drivers for the computer?
does this happen during the cut…before you cut?
do you have THC on your crossfire?

This morning machine initially connected to fire control. I was able to cut a half sheet of stuff no problem. Yesterday it connected but I had to restart unplug pc and crossfire several times for it to register machine on fire control. Last night I made sure I had the latest version of fire control.
Now I can’t get fire control to pick crossfire up AT ALL! This is after new 20$ usb.

@langmuir-daniel
I have included Daniel from Langmuir on this…he might be able to have some insight before you log a ticket with the support email…
I almost feel this is a driver issue…what windows version are you running…and is it a laptop or a PC running the table

I’ve shared this with our software engineer, he’s reviewing now and will post his thoughts to the thread shortly.

Just to confirm you are seeing lights on the motion control board with the USB plugged in? First thing we need to do is make sure it’s getting power.

We need to determine whether your computer is seeing the USB devices as connected, if the issue is the proper driver, or if it’s something else. Can you either post or send to support a screenshot of your Windows Device Manager with the Ports (COM & LPT) dropdown expanded. There should be a device there (2 if you have THC connected).

The fact that you were getting good connection before and now aren’t is also noteworthy. Did anything change in your setup? Do you see these connection issues when your plasma cutter is off? Some information about your computer would also be useful: What laptop and Windows version are you using?

1 Like

Yes it is def getting power.; I’ve Testes all USB ports with wireless mouse, both are operational.

if the issue is the proper driver, or if it’s something else. Can you either post or send to support a screenshot of your Windows Device Manager with the Ports (COM & LPT) dropdown expanded. There should be a device there (2 if you have THC connected).

….I’ll do this as above :point_up:t2: As Soon as possible,

Yes this just started happening; nothing has changed in my setup; this morning I plugged it in and it worked perfectly then it started up after first cut with fire control not showing machine connection. I did a dry run with plasma off this morning worked fine. I am using an HP window s 10

I don’t have THC

Yes had the same problem. Changed UBS cable and still had problems. Finally went with original cable and found if I connect to my laptop and let the cable just hang down it works just fine. I am really please with my pro crossfire. Have not had anymore problems for the last six months.

1 Like

Yes and I am still having this issue; very frustrsting

I have been checking in from time to time waiting to hear some kind of solution; meanwhile the machine sits unable to be used ; I would greatly appreciate some support from Langmuir

have you sent an email to Langmuir support?
support@langmuirsystems.com

posting just in the forum will not always get a response…

I emailed them last night; along with thread.

The screen you posted is of the USB controllers. Can you post the Ports (COM and LPT) from Device Manager with the machine plugged in? Without THC you should see one device there.

If its plugged in, and you’ve tried multiple USB cables, and you are seeing lights on the white board in the electronics but no device in the PORTS dropdown, then its likely something in the Motion Control Board failed.

What plasma cutter are you using with the machine?

Hypertherm 45xp

Did you receive my reply to your email? It should have gotten to you shortly after 9AM PST