No connection to lap top

Did this ever get resolved? I’m having same issues and have scrubbed the support site and this forum to no avail. Machine is just sitting there laughing at me while I have jobs to finish. Time to think about scrapping this thing and getting a real machine.

What do you mean you have scrubbed the forum…there is huge amounts of support and answers for laptop not connecting to table

let us start the diagnosis…

-Have you been cutting before and this is a new problem?
-Have you checked your USB port on the PC to see if anything else has a connection problem…like a data stick.

• Have you tried to dump Firecontrol and then reload it?
  • Have you put in a request to LAngmuir for support?
    -Have you tried a different USB cable?
1 Like

Yes on all fronts. Have read every single post on the forum related to the topic based on searching all relevant keywords. Yes opened a ticket, no response yet.

Yes, was cutting fine prior to the problem. Yes, have tried all suggested fixes in documentation and forum including but not limited to trying a different cable, deleting and reinstalling drivers, deleting and reinstalling fire control, checking for any loose connections, usb green light is on, etc. Everything else connecting fine from the same ports. It’s most likely an issue with the crossfire hardware and/or firmware not installing the drivers correctly. Windows 11. No changes to laptop between when it was working fine on Friday and Saturday when it would no longer connect.

My issue never got resolved nor did anyone offer to fix it by sending me a new box (cPU) . I tried all the trouble shooting and buying new, Cables, uninstalling, using previous versions. Their support is pretty crappy basically just forgot about me and moved along

I figured I’d give you guys one last chance to get my machine running properly before I trash it . Haven’t been able to use it, seems like you just flat out forgot about me. My machine is basically new just been sitting there unresponsive. I get I’m not your only customer but damn! I just want something that works :sob:

you’ve waited almost a year for a response and now you’re complaining? :thinking:

2 Likes

That’s right , it’s been collecting dust and they never responded to me. If you don’t have anything useful to contribute , eat a duck foo

Have you ever tried a different computer?

Have you use the email support at langmuir and open the case?

https://www.langmuirsystems.com/support/crossfire

Edit. I read from about that you have had. Maybe open another support ticket.

Yeah, definitely worthless. You should sell it. Please.

5 Likes

I eventually resolved the issue myself and have done a LOT of cutting since. I couldn’t get any help from support or this forum - only got a healthy dose of condescension. I had already downloaded, re-downloaded, etc., tried new cables, etc. - following closely all the threads on the topic and limited help documentation on the site. So, I started again at the box and worked my way through the controllers, drivers, etc. What I eventually found was that USB B (the box) to USB A is completely unreliable for some reason - and only with FireControl and the Crossfire box. The USB A port on the laptop is fine, works with all other accessories and tested fine. All the electrical connections are fine - I tested them all. As a last ditch, I had a USB B to USB C cable made and used the USB C port on my laptop and it’s been 100% reliable.

So if you haven’t tried it and you have a USB C port - that may be the ticket. Works on both my PC and Mac. Good luck.

thanks for the response, ive tried just about everything. the support from langmuir is garbage. glad to hear youre cutting , be cool.

If you are still experiencing an issue, I am glad to help. Last I heard from you was the Summer of last year, I did not hear back from you via email and I tried to follow up. It sounds like you need a replacement motion control board, I just needed confirmation of your shipping address.

If you want to use the same shipping address that your CrossFire machine was shipped to, please let me know here in this forum thread, and I will create the replacement order for you right away.

If your shipping address has changed or you would like to use a different shipping address, please follow up with me via email (support@langmursystems.com) or send me a direct forum message.

A quick tip for using the forum- if you don’t tag one of us using the @ symbol + username in your comment, then the comment does not end up in our inbox.

4 Likes

I received your DM and set up a replacement order for you!

If you need to follow up once the replacement has arrived, you can either tag me (@ + username) in this comments section, or DM me again.

I will def reach out, I’ve never replaced an electronics circuit board, thanks again