New Touch Probe in the Store

Ha. Yeah i guess shipping is jacked up. $40 shipping for the upgrade kit…

Hi @langmuir-daniel – Are changes to the shipping cost coming? I checked and it is still $14 for a package that sounds like it is under 1lb and likely fits into a padded envelope.

Curious when these will be shippin out, bought one a week ago and other parts of my order have shipped but not the touch probe.

Just pinged the website team again- will report back here!

1 Like

The new PCBs and stylus mounts are a couple week out from delivery

They come to our business twice a day. They even set us up with a dedicated computer just for shipping UPS.

I checked the store this morning and it looks like the shipping was adjusted. I put my order in for it and a couple other things.

2 Likes

Shipping cost should be fixed now.

2 Likes

Thanks for fixing this! Will you adjust existing orders that haven’t shipped yet, or should we call customer service?

1 Like

Working on updating for all customers that already purchased.

2 Likes

Thank you!

@langmuir-daniel - What’s the backlog look like for the touch probe retrofit kit? I noticed that I’ve already received the other items in my order but the v2 probe kit is still in preparing shipping. I’m still working on my custom base so it isn’t a big hurry for me at this point. However I was just wondering what to expect.

Last I checked with production we were supposed to have all the parts in 2 weeks.

1 Like

Money Pit, that’s a classic!

1 Like

man I could really use this thing… Like ASAP… I’ve been running my MR-1 constantly and edge finding is getting really old. hahaha

All my customers are pushing me to go fasters so I figured it would just give you guys a little nudge. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Any updates as to when those of us who purchased this new probe might receive them?

Thank you

Yes we will be shipping out the retrofit kits and the assembled V2 touch probes this week. Instructions on doing the conversion will be up on the site before then.

There is also a CutControl update coming that corrects some bugs that we discovered as it relates to both touch probe and tool setter (accuracy increases for both). Speaking to the dev team this is scheduled to be completed this Friday. In order to get all of the accuracy the V2 has to offer, the software update is needed so we are pushing hard to get that completed.

The marketing team also shot a couple videos last week that use the V2 touch probe (accuracy/repeatability demonstration) so hoping to get that posted sometime soon as well.

9 Likes

I just got a ship confirmation for the probe assembly, and im sure I was one of the first few that ordered it. I also ordered a retrofit kit later on that week when they released it in the store but that one hasnt shipped yet (Im sure its first come, first serve).

Also looks like the instructions to retrofit are up in the store now too, so it looks like things are right on schedule. Gotta give them credit for this one, they hit the release date they promised. Thats no easy thing to do these days.

1 Like

Still waiting on software that’s supposed to fix the rest of the probe inaccuracies. Half way there…

Web development team has been given the installer for 24.1.1- should be up on the site over the weekend. We also have a video that covers the v2 probe going up sometime soon as well- maybe this weekend.

2 Likes