New Primeweld Cut 60 on CrossFire

I have some of the same questions about it has anyone put a cut list together for the Primeweld with the parameters they use for different gauges of metal? I have the manual and use it as a guide and once I start cutting I will start a list of what works for me and post it.

Thanks a lot dude

I have a list started on here. Google sheet document. Feel free to add to it

1 Like

Anyone use the “wiggle” command in Sheetcam during pierce?

I’ve been able to import 4lb Sodium Nitrite and an 8oz bottle Physan 20.
Hoping that lasts a while. :grinning:

1 Like

Decent set of consumables ordered from George today to get me started.

Feel free to add to it…

1 Like

4lb!!! Uh, that should last you for… let’s see, I’m currently halfway through my first 4 oz and it’s been about 6 months. So…

Thank you for the chart I have a set of tips coming, should have them by Saturday.

Well, the PrimeWeld CUT60 arrives in the shop tomorrow. Think I’ll do what I normally do… pop the case immediately to ensure all is well inside there. Good thing I did that with the Lotos LTPDC2000D before firing her up, all sorts of things were loose in there, some of the power MosFET devices were loose from the heatsink, the air regulator loose and the nut securing the power lug to the work terminal was loose. Once those were taken care of, she powered-up and runs well.

I wouldn’t open it till I contacted Primeweld! You could void your warranty!

OK, will call them first. Hate powering on Chinese built equipment before checking it out myself. Been in manufacturing too long.

1 Like

Well, I just called the PrimeWeld number, got a really cool dude on the phone. Explained I’m down in the Caribbean, and my experience. Told him what I wanted to do and explained why, and asked if I would void my warranty. He said no, Go right ahead and if I found anything amiss, just call them and they would take care of me. I’m liking that company already! :grinning:

2 Likes

Yes its better to ask then just jump in. Also were else are you going to call on a SUNDAY and get someone on the phone to ask questions. That is other then me :smiley:

3 Likes

Hahaha! …Very much appreciate that George! :grinning:

The CUT60 just arrived in the shop, very nicely packaged. Everything looks fine, in-fact, this is one awesome looking machine, excellent build quality and attention to detail. She powered-up just fine. Will read the manual, install an air fitting and try a test cut on a piece of 1/4" steel in a bit.

2 Likes

Ran some test cuts on a rusty old piece of 1/8" at 30A 75PSIG and it cut like a hot knife in butter. I can already tell this is one sweet machine. Will not be doing any more hand cutting with it. This will be my CNC unit. The Lotos will be used for manual cutting, especially when ripping 4x8 sheets into manageable pieces.

There are guys on here that use that machine, Mechanic416 does the warranty work on them, and mike problably is the guy you talked to on Sunday both are great guys. Mechanic416 (georges plasma shop on ebay) for purchasing the proper supplie for the machine including machine torch and different amp tips. We are putting together a cut list for sharing here on the forum. tally-ho

1 Like

Also the primeweld machine does have the electrical interference issues mine table required the fix that Langmuir posted to wokr correctly with the cutter.

Yes and they answer the phone live a real person they’re friendly helpful nice do almost anything for you I really like this company I called three times already primeweld is a great company so far for me I have the primeweld cut 60 I have the primeweld 225 TIG welder and I love it they’re both terrific machines so far … :eyes: