New owner. Install?

Hi. Just got my pro in the mail and stoked. I plan to put the cnc on a rolling cart made from angle iron frame, casters and ply.

The first step of assembly is to pit the feet on. Im wondering if I should screw the feet into the cart for rigidity… or screw em down w a piece of rubber so they can flex a bit…
I cant seem to think which is better. I will be rolling around the garage which is a bit uneven. Wanted to hear folks thoughts before I proceed. Rigid or flex or another idea?

welcome to the forum…glad you are here…
now this comes from first hand experiance…build a rolling platform and place the table on it…do not put casters on the feet.
just build a rolling platfown and sit the table with the feet that come with it.
let the table stand feely and ove a bit on the cart…any stress on the legs can cuase the table to go out of square…
here is a video I did on the feet issue…

4 Likes

I wouldn’t bolt the legs down. I would make the cart so the table sits on the cart just like it would sit on the ground. Here is what I did. I am planning to put the whole thing on fireshare when I finish. Just need to finish painting.

Components

(4) Base plate
(4) 3-1/4” L3x3x3/16 angle
(4)Caster mount plate
(8)Gusset plates
(4) 9” 3/4” T rod
(12) 3/4” hex nut
(4) 1/4 spring pins
(4) hockey pucks
(4) 3/4 flat washer
(4) 1/4x1-1/4 fender washer
(4) 1/4-20 x1/2” cap head screws

Frame Tubing… I used 14ga 3x2 and 2x2 tube because I have a bunch of rejected remnant from a local treadmill manufacturer… use whatever.

4 Likes

I agree with what’s been said: just build the cart and sit the table on top. It’s working great for me.

Man, it was so pretty when new vs now!

4 Likes

Perfect gents… thanks
J

Good thing you said that, I was just about to ask where is the dirt! :joy:

1 Like

Thats the day I became one of the "FNG"s on this forum.

If you don’t know/remember FNG, its at 1:20 in this clip. Love it!

3 Likes