New Crossfire XR - Old PowerMax 1000 - No Fire

I have a newly assembled Crossfire XR that works perfectly… Except… I cannot seem to make it fire my Hypertherm 1000 Torch. I have had the Hypertherm (hand plasma) for many years and it works fine with the hand torch. I put a Plasmadyn machine torch on it and purchased the plug n play Langmuir cable for the Hypertherm. When I test the THC on the screen the first part of the THC test works fine with 0 volts as prescribed but then I go to the next step to fire the torch and NOTHING… I can hear the relay in the controller but no spark. What am I missing? I read something about another Hypertherm part being required but shouldn’t “plug and play” be just that? Tech support has been called and I’m waiting on an answer but I figure that tribal knowledge might be better…

@bmckinley Welcome to the forum

How is the torch ON cable hooked up between the Hypertherm 1000 and the Langmuir Electronics BOX ( main control box) ?

How are the THC cables hooked up between the Hypertherm 1000 and the Langmuir VIM BOX ( small Voltage Input Module the small black box) ?

How are the THC cables hooked up between the the Langmuir VIM BOX ( small Voltage Input Module the small black box) and the Langmuir Electronics BOX ( main control box) ?

Tin, Thanks for the quick reply… The Torch On portion of the Langmuir CPC cable is run directly from the large round plug on the back of the Hypertherm to the Torch On port on the control box. The THC portion of the CPC Cable on the Hypertherm side is run to the VIM IN and the seperate VIM out cable is run directly to the THC port on the controller… All axes work fine so I’m good there and I can dry run cuts but the torch does not try to light. Again, thanks…

Maybe an issue with the pinout not being correct on the CPC port.

Read through this topic

Definitely call HT customer support. They still support legacy equipment. I had wired up my CPC upgrade port on an powermax 85 incorrectly and they had me troubleshoot with a multimeter. I was up and running in about 15 minutes.

1 Like

Verify your connections.

Might be something on your board if the cable is good. Check to see how it’s wired inside.