Hypertherm PowerMax 1000 G3 CPC Port Use

I have been searching up and down for an answer to my question but have only found references to it here and there. I apologize if this specific question has been asked and I overlooked it (obviously a number of people are running the 1000 series).

I am going to be running a Hypertherm 1000 G3 that has the CPC port on the rear. I talked to Hypertherm and my CPC port only has 5 outputs, which means it does not include a voltage divided output for the THC, only raw voltage. I ordered PN: 228169 - Hypertherm Kit: Powermaxedge Machine Interface With Voltage-Divider. According to Hypertherm this will replace my current CPC and now have a 7-pin output for torch control, raw voltage, and 50:1 divided voltage. I also ordered the Hypertherm connector kit from Langmuir to hook to my machine. All the pins line up correctly between the Hypertherm and Langmuir connectors, per the specs and diagrams (Namely pins 3-6; Pins 12-14 will go unused (raw voltage)).

My questions are as follows:

1. Has anyone successfully used the Langmuir CPC connector on an older Hypertherm PowerMax Cutter that was not listed on the Langmuir site? I see no reason my setup will not work correctly but I like to check.

2. If you have used the CPC connector, have you had any specific issues and what did you look for?

I can’t test since I don’t have my THC kit from Langmuir yet. I also like to talk to others before I fry something or myself.

Thank you for any insight from the group.

Joel

ive been curious about this. i have a powermax 1250 and it is setup with raw voltage now going to my old torchmate plasma table. i have and XR on order and dont know if for any reason it would be advantageous to buy the 228169 kit that have the voltage divider built in or just keep running raw voltage to the THC controller. i know LS supports both just dont know if one is better than the other as far as accuracy/speed goes. would love to hear @langmuirsystems @langmuir-daniel opinion on this.

Please note that I also only have the T60 Hand torch, not the mechanical torch, so will I also need to be velcro’ing the trigger in the ‘On’ position to cut?

Thank you for all the patience!

Here is what our setup for the powermax 1000 is. We used the separate voltage divider box from Langmuir. It had to be wired in separate from the cpc port. The torch on off is wired though the cpc port. But you can’t just tie the switch on with velcro. The programming for hypertherm needs to see the switch off before it will fire during run. You just connect your torch control wires from cpc port to the torch wires in machine. If you look in manual it will show you which wire colors are the torch trigger. If I remember right ours were orange.

Thank you for explaining your setup. I’ll start looking into the torch issue. I’m thinking with the new Hypertherm CPC I can make it all work. I fully understand I did not need the new Hypertherm plug, but I like it to be very tidy and easy to unhook when it comes to controls and cabling.

Hello, I’ve got a Powermax 1250, gonna do the same thing. Did you ever get this setup to work? @jdrockin

Hey did you get your set up working? Did you use your kit 228169? I would love to know how to set this thing up as I ordered a pro!! Thank you for your time!