Need help with SheetCAM: new user

Layer 0 is the default layer that my imported drawings drop to.

At the very top of the white column on the left it should show you layers and the one you are working in will (should ) be check marked in the box.

if you cant see is you may have to turn the viewing on for layers here.

2 Likes

I can see this, the box has a check mark in it and says zero. If I import the drawing and uncheck this box the drawing turns white. But I still get a 0 in the layer in jet cutting tool

The layer name is not important. It’s whatever name was assigned by the drawing program. If you click on the drop down layer menu and there is only one name in there, that’s the right one.

If there is more than one layer name, selecting one of them will turn that layer white.

I suggest turning that layer viewing box off. It’s not important and seems to be causing confusion.

Most drawings are only going to be one layer anyway.

The important place to select the layer is in the jet cutting operation.

3 Likes

ok i got to the 40 second mark on the video. your showing green with cutlines. I am showing green without cutlines

Also i have a warning sign outside offset, 0, t3:40 amp cut

open paths were not offset

Open paths are not supposed to be offset, in most cases. That warning is just a notification and won’t prevent you from cutting.

What makes you think the green lines aren’t cut paths?

After you hit ok on the jet cutting operation screen, they will turn green( if you have the “show cut paths” option turned on).

It doesn’t create a cut file until you hit the post process button.

2 Likes

what makes me think the green lines are not cut paths is because it shows no cut path s1 going to s2 and so on. also when Ii hit post process nothing comes up. in the video after selecting post process it sends you to save it on on a file.

Post a picture of your Sheetcam screen with the green lines. I went to see what options you have turned on in the top toolbar.

Turn on the two buttons that the red arrows are pointing to. Those will show you the rapids and the start points.

2 Likes

OK awesome I feel like I am making some progress now. When I click the simulation button it does not simulate. It says the feed rate is to slow. How do I correct this? I click on the feed rate but cannot change it in simulation mode.

Feed rate is set in your tool.

If you have a feed rate in your tool and still get that error, you may not have created the operation properly.

Post a pic of the jet cutting operation page.

1 Like

That looks OK. I don’t know why the simulation won’t run.

Do you have a post processor selected in the “machine options” menu? I think it should be the “Mach3 plasma no Z” post processor.

1 Like

Is this what you mean

1 Like

Yes. I think you need the one that says “no Z”, but that isn’t why the simulation isn’t working.

1 Like

Not sure what you mean by that sir. Do you think I will get this going before Christmas? I would Like to make a few presents. If not it is all good as long as I learn. Also I would like to Thank You for all you have helped me with. I have learned and am willing to learn more. So Thank You.

2 Likes

Not sure if you know how to search the history of the forum but guessing you’re not the first with this issue.

Just type in a keyword

Support page should walk you through the entire process

1 Like

Where do I change this feed rate again