Need help with a drawing

can someone direct me where to go for help with a drawing? I am new to this but have successfully cut several signs without any real issues. This lastest we are doing for a friend is kicking my tail. have tried inkscape and fusion, neither of which seems to work properly.

I can’t help with Fusion, but I’m pretty good with Inkscape. Post pics of what you have and what you’re trying to accomplish.

2 Likes

Thank you for offering help, Its not letting me upload the pictures since i am new. (says new members cant upload images or files). Is there another option to share a zip file with you?

You can send it to me at dsaul690@gmail.com

1 Like

After you post a few more times, it will unlock the upload feature but it might be limited to one image per post. I don’t know what the magic number of posts happens to be.

I have some familiarity with Fusion 360. Try to see if you can export and upload the xxx.f3d file.
In Fusion, on the top of the page you will see the following:

That will create the xxx.f3d file. Your thread has received a number of views but everyone is waiting for more details because right now it is like playing “20 Questions.” No offense. We just don’t know how to efficiently help you. Once you send that file you will get some attention. Can’t promise the timing of the attention :innocent:

Hang in there. Help will come.

3 Likes

@trent1 welcome to the forum!

Keep posting and you will be able to post file

1 Like

thank you, yes i will upload as soon as it allows me to do so. I was able to email dsaul for him to look at.

2 Likes

thank you. hopefully soon.

I just sent you back an SVG file. If you tell me what metal, thickness and plasma cutter, I can send you a cut file that should work.

I can also send a job file, which you could open and then save the toolset. It may or may not work for your plasma cutter, but it will give you something to work with.

3 Likes

I just sent the cut file and job file. I forgot to note that the plasma should be set between 35 and 40 amps, depending on your results. I would start with 35 amps and check the results on the first cut.

2 Likes

Thank you very much!

1 Like