My Problem - Fusion360 Cut Paths Problem

Looking for help with cut paths on this design. Please watch attached video, looking for any help, input, suggestions I can get. I have 2 designs that keep doing this to me…
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Post your design file and I’ll open it up and see

what do you actually need for that? The DXF file?

@brownfox
monkeyface v1.zip (990.1 KB)

You have a broken or over run line in that section. Probably a overrun line since it extruded.

1 Like

New Compressed (zipped) Folder.zip (191.2 KB)

That one will work there was a couple spots where the lines over lapped each other.

2 Likes

Good catch!

1 Like

Awesome! Thank you so much! I will have to take a closer look at my original to see where it was at now that I know what the problem is. Much appreciated!!!

Those are your two problem areas if you want to just edit your original just delete those lines and redraw them.If you cut the right lines its just straight lines to redraw.

Or just download the one I fixed above and insert it into your design.

2 Likes

Great thanks for your help

@Fortifyfabworks Non stop… what you did seems to be working now I’m getting this stupid error every time I try to extrude the drawing… Not even sure what it means I never seen this error before and the awesome software of fusion 360 does not explain anything to you so I don’t know what to do with this… Anyone have any ideas what it means? Or how to fix it? I’ve tried creating a completely new drawing and it still does it. See photo

Are you just trying to extrude the sketch or trying to select the profile in manufacturing?

Trying to extrude the sketch before going into manufacturing mode

Did you use the file I fixed? I just extruded that and it works fine.

Yes I use the file you sent I removed the outer square box because all I really need is the gorillas face to import into a another panel design that I am using it in.

I would guess there is a issue with the panel that you put it in.

If you want to post the whole file I’ll look at it other then that its just guessing.

1 Like

Okay I might take you up on that I’m trying something else here give me a few minutes

Got it. Believe it or not in order to make it work I had to take my entire drawing with the monkey face imported into it that you did. Then export it as a dxf. Remove the monkey face out of my drawing again, and then add your monkey face back into it again remove the box around the outside and then it extruded WTF…
Anyway it’s all good I really appreciate your help but I am very curious what technique you use to actually find the broken lines in the monkey face originally I said and looked at that thing zoomed in for quite some time and could not find those but once you had them pointed out I was able to see you what you were talking about just curious how you actually found them do you have an add-in that finds that or something? I tried using connect the dots add in several times nothing but failures sometimes that helps me find stuff like that…

Never mind we are right back to square one…
in manufacturing while selecting contour selections it is still doing the same thing and breaking up all the lines individually. I even took your drawing individually and put it into manufacturing mode after extruding and it’s doing the same thing breaking up all the lines individually on my end I do not get it…

That’s strange cause it works for me no problem.