My CrossFire Pro Build

I did not copy the ones off file-share so to speak…I had them cut into squares from a local metal supplier then drilled the holes myself after.
The reason for not using my table was I was not set to cut yet and I had to replace my Plasma torch as it died.
I built a square frame out of the 2x2 then Mig welded the plates on to the square frame.
I am not much of a welder either…I am a great Grinder though…ahahahaha

4 Likes

Really GREAT work TB! Smart and functional, and I really enjoy seeing such a "McGiver’ modification. I really enjoy the idea of being able to drain the liquid outta the pan for those down times… Thank you very much for sharing your efforts kind sir!!

Nice job! :+1:
I was thinking about kitchen drains as well and looks like they’ll be great. Could even use the strainer.

the drains are very low profile. I actually used a metal hole saw to cut the openings and then polished them free of burs.
if you do use them make sure to put some plumbers putty around the lip of the top flange to prevent leaks.

2 Likes

Finished up my shelf yesterday and did some more cable management to tidy things up. Water table drain and fill is next. Really like @toolboy’s setup and will be incorporating the traps and the circulate to filter the fluid. Nice work toolboy!!,

5F1AFAD0-84EB-4780-B512-C0288796C744 736C921C-6F79-41F9-9C35-23CF4D0FECA1 AD12AA59-C620-4569-A2BE-CC1FA48A95B5 6021B89A-6940-4A27-8AC7-DA9F7AB51E39

2 Likes

Nice shop! There is some heavy hitting equipment in there! Looks like a plasma table is the cherry on top!

1 Like

Gee, I just drained my tank, took out the center slats, and had the CrossFire cut the hole. Worked like a champ!

2 Likes

Hawkfabshop…wow…thanks for the mention.
My shop is a hobby out of my single car garage for now with retirement next year to enjoy…but…damn…I wish I had a shop like yours…nice equipment and overall set-up.

My set-up is a little rough right now but wil get cleaner now that the hardware stores are open again.

I am using Greencut fluid in my table and I tell you…even 3 days after the table was drained from my last cut…no rust in the pan…to help prolong the life of my fluid I decided to add a few powerful magnets to parts of my drain lines.
That way after a number of times draining the table I will remove the sediment trap and the magnets and flush out the captured fine powder filings.

3 Likes

I did not have my table running at the time I needed to cut my holes…

Drool…Drool…Drool… Cant wait! Nice work!

2 Likes

Where did you buy the Greencut plasma fluid?
I am looking for two 32oz bottles.
Thanks.

1 Like

I lie in Canada so shipping was cheaper…but here is the company to buy it from.

I ordered a 5 gallon pail and split it with another local owner of a Crossfire. it works out cheaper to order it that way.

Can you ship me a gallon?

Here is one alternative I found that is in the US that will ship to California. Some won’t.

https://www.trick-tools.com/PICO-G-Quench-Guard-G-Anti-Corrosive-Additive-for-Plasma-Tables-14578?gclid=CjwKCAjw1cX0BRBmEiwAy9tKHq4apyVrTZhiWvcY98uXSC5LL4fxgHK2S93yJhwtuExkX4yQ9pZ2YxoChD0QAvD_BwE

1 Like

Thanks TexasPyro!

It’s really just a hobby for us also. We do a little outside work every so often to make some cash to by more tools. LOL! I’ll be adding magnets to my system also. Thanks for the great idea my good man!

1 Like

I ordered 3 bottles at a reasonable price.
Thanks for the information.

felich how much was the shipping to California?

Yeah, I’ve had magnets in my water table for some time. I won’t put them in the drain line for fear of clogging it, but have about six stuck to the slats on either side of my drain. They get pretty ‘fuzzy’, but easy to clean. An old trick is to put them in plastic bags. The magnets still cling to the slats but you just need to pull the bag away over a trash bin to remove all the filings…

6 Likes

1 US$ = 1.47 CA$

This is from LubeClean.ca

Product Quantity Price
GreenCut Plasma Arc Fluid by LubeCorp - 1 litre bottle ( 34 oz ) 3 CA$78.30
Subtotal: CA$78.30
Shipping: CA$34.25 via UPS Standard
Payment method: Credit Card
Total: CA$112.55