My CrossFire Pro Build

Hi, I bought Wintel Pro and i’m having a hard time getting FireControl to load. Can you give me the setup you used?

LOVE the wallpaper. Makes it look factory

2 Likes

Thanks! That what I was going for. I couldn’t find a good image on line so I just took a pic of the control box and tweaked it in photoshop.

1 Like

It does talks a long time to load for some reason. Probably 30 seconds or more. Once loaded it runs great. I’ve cut tons of stuff with it with no issues just the long load time. Other programs are slow to load compared to a regular PC but much quicker then FC.

I just used the Windows setup process then installed FC.
As others have said, it does take a while to load but then it works as well as a regular desktop PC.

If you are still having problems reply to this post and I will help as best I can.

1 Like

What kind of file storage do you have in that box? SD, USB, or SSD (that would be much faster)?

I am tired of trying to get my older computer up and I need more room, I posted this on laptop specs, is this the one you are using? I wasn’t sure if it had enough power

Wintel Pro

TIA

Guntruck1776 Yup that’s the one I’m running.

1 Like

Thanks! Extra characters

It’s on the board so it’s probably like a SSD. Other programs (larger) load faster then FC. I suspect that FC being in the early stages in not as optimized as other more mature software. On a desktop or laptop you would never notice it. It’s really not an issue for me. I hit the power button and get the shop opened up. It’s ready to run long before I get around to cutting anything.

Still not opening FC. I reset the computer. I tried running as administrator. I waited for 15 minute. Windows is running fine. I can load other software. I redone loaded FC 3 times.

Oh don’t think this a problem I bought the 2GB one. I have the same touch screen.

Not sure if this will help but check out this thread.

https://forum.langmuirsystems.com/t/firecontrol-not-launching-solved

2 Likes

Well that did it👍 I have one more thing, the keyboard for the touch screen is on the task bar, but does not pop up with when I want to add text to search.

1 Like

I got everything fixed w😀 Thanks for all the help👍

1 Like

Welcome to the tiny computer club.

3 Likes

Well your setup certainly is an inspiration for a dedicated controller. I’ll enjoy watching how this plays out.

The UI is the best part. I’ve got my 3D printer controlled by a Raspberry Pi running Octoprint and my CNC Router using a BeagleBone Black controller with Linux Machinekit with VMC connection over wireless to my laptop as the UI, but for my CrossFire it’s a conventional laptop on a laptop stand and Gamepad Joystick for jogging. Your dedicated controller with touchscreen might be the perfect mix.

Now if it ran Linux instead of Microsoft OS I would be sold! And, if we knew the interface commands to the CrossFire controller (hint @langmuirsystems) then I’d make a LinuxCNC config and use this system configuration to run it!

4 Likes

this whole COVID thing really put a damper on my build…so I have scrounged and ordered on line and waited…and the redesigned…and ordered again…then tried more things…now I think I am almost finished…with the basic setup.

to start I decided to install kitchen sink drains…large enough to allow a small filter cloth if I wanted…but they looked clean and neat.

then I bought a large water container off Amazon and hooked up ABS drain lines.
now the ABS drain line travel from the drains towards the water tank…at the end of the table I created a sediment trap with clean-out opening to catch more metal particles.
this is then followed by a 1/2" copper valve…after the valve I will install a fine 100 mesh screen filter.
this way when I ghet the water to the tank it is as clean as possible.

so to drain the table I only turn the valve at the sediment trap…it flows by gravity to the tank.

to fill the table I then close the drain valve and open the other 1/2" copper valve in front…then I plug in my pump ( soon to be switched for easier control)

here is the cool part…at least I think it is…I tied the pump outlet into the drain line between the drains…

I did this to alow smooth filling of the tank…and if I want I can circulate the water in the tank through the filter system to clean it and prevent a sludge from building up in the tank.

The shelf I made out of 2x2 steel with 1x1 cross pieces and flattened wire mesh. it is clamed to the sides with bolts…this way I can raise or lower or remove it if I want.

so to fill the table with fluid takes around 4 minutes.
to drain takes around 15 minutes.

I do have some tidy up to do one the lines and my cables…but I am getting there.

6 Likes

did you cut the clamp brackets the ones off of fileshare? that’s the last thing i need to figure out for mine is the bottom shelf. I has a flux core welder but not much of a welder myself. Did you weld the 2x2 tubes to the clamps?

nice setup