Multiple tool paths

Hey guys I’m between a rock and a hard place trying to figure this one out…I am using fusion 360 for cam cad. Im making signs with flanges on them, the problem i am having is putting perferations in my bends so they are more easily bent by hand. To do so i have to turn my lead in off so it just cuts the lines only…not my flanges. Buuuuuuttt I need the lead in so my lettering doesnt get jacked. Is there a way to generate seperate tool paths for ex. One for the letters and outside contour and one for the perferations on the same G code? Please help lol

Hey Colton… Sure, you can create as many 2D Profiles under one Setup as you’d like… Each one with a different set of options to get the work done the way you want it to… For example, ONE for you would be to cut the lettering… TWO might be to cut your perforations(With no lead-ins/outs)… Three might be to cut the outside contour and your done… Process them all and you should have a G-code that contains them all… You can change the order as you wish but probably leave the outside cut for last(obvious reasons)…

Take a look at this video for possible help… https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vhi3dCa4ayY&ab_channel=LangmuirSystems

Let us know how it works out for you !!

~Bill

2 Likes

Thank you!!! Lol I’ll give it a try and respond back soon!

As above make sure when you click to generate your code you have all the 2d paths selected. Learnt that mistake once…or twice…!

Unless of course you want to load separate files for each part of the cut. May be handy if you want to change nozzles, or clear tip ups. Although pause does the same job as long as your paying attention.