Multiple parts in one drawing, F360

So I have one “Drawing” that has 4 variations of a design on it, all on 1 sketch as well. I did this just during the design phase of the part because it was easy to copy/scale with slight modifications for each one. Now I’ve been asked to cut the parts…honestly I would have done it differently if I actually thought it would happen…but here I am.

I need each one of these parts to have 2 profiles, (1) for the body and (1) for holes. Is there a way to organize these parts at this point that will allow me to cut parts A, B, C, and D (which each uses 2 profiles) individually and not the entire program of the 4 main parts at once?

Hopefully this makes sense, ultimately I think I’m looking for guidance on what the manufacture file structure should look like if this is possible. Or do I just create a new drawing for each by copying/pasting?

Create profiles for part A, G1/G2 to create nc program, set origin in firecontrol. do the same for each part.

2 Likes

@Cyoung

I will put together a live stream recreating and walking through this scenario. Will post the video on my live stream topic here

https://forum.langmuirsystems.com/t/twitch-and-youtube-live-streams-cad-cam/24762/256

Aiming to start within the next hour.

3 Likes

Your first part in the video is exactly what I was hoping to accomplish. The CAM portion of Fusion is always my struggle.

So what does this look like when you post process? Assuming it will create a program for each “Setup” called “Part A”…

And I’ve never seen circles cut with a large radius sweep in like that…is this an advantage over a more mild like 60 degree lead?

Thank you for taking the time with the video! This forum makes me question why I post questions on FB!

3 Likes

I’ll Start a quick stream and download the file I posted at the end of the video and complete the g code by running it through the post processor . Going to grab a fresh drink first.

You are welcome

2 Likes