Multiple Monitors & Fusion360

I have had zero problems with Windows 11.

1 Like

Yea. My work PC is on it, and it hasnt been too terrible if I disable a bunch of the ā€œintegrated featuresā€ that get in the way and waste resources (to force feed me information that I donā€™t care for).

Spose Iā€™ll bite the bullet this evening to see if that irons things out.

2 Likes

Apy,
I felt the same way about Win10 on my Gaming rig. I took the plunge to windows 11 in Dec on it. Havenā€™t seen any issues. Win11 wasnā€™t so great for games when it first came out, but they seem to have fixed it.

Bruce
CrazyBillyBob on most Game services

Thatā€™s always my biggest concern with new OSā€™s / kernals. Hashing out the bugs before all the stuff I do BSoDā€™s me into pulling my hair out and downgrading back to the previous OS for simple stability.

1 Like

apy,
I work in IT. I have systems that we keep protected from anything ā€œnewā€ and some test beds that get the latest updates. Iā€™m right there with you!!

On the multi monitor Fusion crash I have found a few Autodesk support tickets that might help (the real help is in the comments links to other solutions etc.)

The first one has a fix that was an audio driver issue (monitors show up as Audio devices via HDMI and DisplayPort). Can we please get a fix for these multiple monitor bugs - Autodesk Community

The next one has links in the main trouble ticket to other issues. Iā€™m not seeing a resolution in this one, just thinking more information is better. Fusion 360 freezes (dual monitor) when opening the Tool Library and the Library does not appear or w... - Autodesk Community

Last one has a solution to try. https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/fusion-support/dual-monitor-freezes-fusion-360-caveman-fix/td-p/9728989

Granted these are all old tickets and the way Fusion updates might not be relevant any more.
Good Luck,
Bruce

6 Likes

Malaybr, thank you! Going to give these a try when I get back to the home desk.

@TinWhisperer @holla2040 so because of you guys I went and spent more money. Space is super tight in my environment this is what I came up with.

Keyboard Tray and mouse folds down and then I can close the lid with the monitor attached.

@apynckel - did you get your issues fixed?

5 Likes

That is really very helpful information and nicely presented.

1 Like

Excellent workspace.

1 Like

Havenā€™t gotten around to playing with it yet

ā€œThatā€™s whatā€
-She

Updated to win11 yesterday, and aside from being WHOLEY peeved that they removed ā€œlock the taskbarā€ and the ability to throw it to different sides and different screens, it still didnā€™t fix F360 crshing.

Iā€™ve also gone and disabled any audio drivers for the monitors (speakers only now). Still to no avail.

I can send you a Zotac GTX 1070TI video card to try. If it works, you will know what your problem is. Just send it back if it doesnā€™t. PM me your address. This is for a tower computer.

2 Likes

Appreciate it, but thereā€™s no way my 3080TI is the culprit. Runs everything else on my system just fine, including intensive games (diablo 4, helldivers, etc), so yea. Iā€™ll open the case up tomorrow and reseat the rams. Probably need to de-dust the thing anyways.

1 Like

A bad ram stick could do it. Never heard of Fusion using so many resources.

1 Like

Iā€™ve got 64 gigs of the stuff in my desktop, but if one of them was bad, I should have known about it by now.

FWIW, this is my GFX card
https://www.newegg.com/msi-geforce-rtx-3080-ti-suprim-x-12g/p/N82E16814137660?Item=N82E16814137660

I use the same one in my fire breather. I would think that some of those games would tax that ram more than Fusion. Dumb question? Have you deleted Fusion and reload it?

1 Like

So is this solely a multi-monitor problem?

If you run your same setup only running one monitor you have the same problems?

Is it happening with all types of fusion modeling youā€™re doing or is it only happening with specific models during specific operations?

3 Likes

Itā€™s on startup on the program. I canā€™t even get to loading a part. Just crashes immediately when I launch it. Window opens, MAYBE I get to see the plane grid, but freezes and stops responding.

Iā€™ll try reinstalling today as well as unplugging a monitor

Now thatā€™s something different. Iā€™ve come across that before Iā€™m going to go insert through some of the topics on the forum here and see if I can find it.

The multi-monitor part is a bit of a red herring I think.

1 Like

Try uninstalling Fusion using the utility tool.

https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/article/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/After-opening-Fusion-360-with-no-problems-and-then-closing-the-program-Fusion-won-t-open-again-and-keeps-crashing.html#:~:text=Reset%20and%20Repair%20Fusion.,Fusion%20to%20the%20latest%20version.

I myself had an issue once where Fusion would not boot up for the life of me and I had to go through the full service tool uninstall part.

3 Likes