Multi Process Machines Everlast PowerPro 205 (bought in 2011)

Anyone every used a multi process unit with their plasma table? I have a powerpro 205 from everlast and there is a CNC port in the back. I asked Everlast if it was compatible with plasma tables and they have a default answer for this. They dont reccomend using multi process machines with CNC because the plasma side has a very low duty cycle and the pilot arc to main arc has a longer delay in transfer.

Anyone tried usins a multi process machine?

If so how does it work?

I am thinking about buying the Everlast 60 or 80 but want to see if my current unit can get me by.

I would think that the longer delay from pilot arc to main arc could be compensated for in your pierce delay settings which may require longer lead in settings. As far as the duty cycle you could always put a delay between cuts in also. I am using sheetcam and already have experimented with 1 to 5 second delay after each cut because I am cutting 18g material and thought that the extra time the air is splashing water up on the steel would help with heat distortion, and it does.

I believe that if those are the only 2 concerns then you would be able to work around it but it would not be ideal.

Good luck and have fun with it.

I thought i could do something like that but i am new to CNC. I think i will try putting delays in between my cuts and make a pierce delay to compensate for the multi process machine.

I can help you if you’re going to use sheetcam and I can show you how to enter the delays, there is also a way to only make 1 cat at a time then it waits on you to hit start again.

Good luck

Hows that? and here is my 20 characters…

1 Like

I will start a new thread on what I have found works for delay’s after each cut, give me a little while, but remember I am not using fusion, I only use sheetcam for toolpath but there is a way to get delay after each cut in Mach3 also.

Here is one mach3 method courtesy of Daniel.

2 Likes

Dicky Give this a try if you want to have to hit the cycle start button in Mach3 after each cut. I do this sometimes on cuts that have proven to have allot of tipups. It is longer but may help if your torch has a low duty cycle for the amps that you need to cut.

The word file that I created with the pictures was too large to upload so here is a link

Have fun and try new stuff.

2 Likes

Multi process unit does not work well at all. I have same problem I hear a lot of folks have with the razorcut 45. My arc is unpredictable. It will arc for initial pierce then stop and start multiple times for no reason, which then throws off my THC and the torch raises not marking full cuts. Hot mess mix of random issues. I have new consumables, tried two torches, I have dry air and I can’t take it no more. Getting a dedicated plasma cutter. Thinking of the everlast 62i CNC package.