MR-1Software requirements

I’ve already read that you’ll be making post processors for multiple softwares. But as far as fusion goes are we going to need the full subscription in order to cam part on the MR-1?

2 Likes

I believe so? MR1 is 3 axis so Fusion can run it without any ($2000 per year) extensions from Autodesk. 4 axis and above would require the extension. Inventor software that is being used in the videos by Langmuir is not required.

1 Like

I figured it was still within the requirements. I’ve been using Fusion long enough now that even if I had to buy the subscription it would be fine.

1 Like

I’m a Fusion guy too. Its never given me anything but results. Just need to learn it and in my opinion is the only way to go. I get it through.

1 Like

Issue you might run into with the hobbyist version of fusion 360. I believe it’s limited to one operation in the manufacturing space but you could develop different operations and stitch them together in a code reader.

2 Likes

Yeah then I’ll be upgrading to the subscription. I’ve done a lot I think they can finally get my money.

1 Like

Make sure you’re really selective of when you buy they have some really good sales come up a couple times a year.

Buying 3 years at a time is a good way to go

3 Likes

Yeah they had a 25% last week, I’ll wait for the 33% lol!

I’ve even seen 50 plus percent off before

1 Like

Definitely will keep my eyes open!

i have not had any issues with Fusion on my start up, hobby or personal use licensing. i can do multiple tool paths, export DXF’s, etc. when it expires they limited it, but once i am re approved for it, all back to normal.

2 Likes

That’s good to know, I have a paid subscription so it’s hard for me to tell what’s not included in the hobbyist.

I’m glad that you can do more than one operation on the hobbyist edition.

1 Like

Send them an email and ask for the 30-33% discount code. They will email you one. That is what I did.

Nice I’ll just ask them for the 50%!

1 Like

Im new to CNC milling , is it like cnc plasma where the application where you design your model in doesn’t really matter. Ie export a DXF ->Sheet cam and done? Reason being I work more in solidworks but I usually have sheetcam handle all the cam work. Would there be an issue here?

1 Like

If you work in Solidworks then your best bet would be to learn CAMworks (built into solidworks). Programming parts for milling is substantially more involved than programming parts for plasma cutting, so there is advantages to being able to design and program with one software.

3 Likes

Ok cool, just wanted to make sure there wasn’t a special fusion360 only post processor or something like that.

I use Aspire 11 for my other CNC machines and curious if I will be fine using it for the MR1 machine…

If I used CAMWorks, would I have to create a post processor for the MR-1, or do you have one, or is it available from some other source?

Thanks!

We’ll be publishing a post for CAMworks prior to machine deliveries.