MR-1 Tool Library

@langmuir-daniel Will you be offering a Tool Library file for F360 with all the tooling that LS offers?

1 Like

Got Jake working on building a tool library right now.

10 Likes

Is there a plan for tooling store? Currently does not seem possible to purchase just the tooling!

Just send them a message and they will invoice you and send out what you need. I buy stuff alll the time from Langmuir.

1 Like

@langmuir-daniel little curious on my above question for a store page dedicated to tooling ordering? Any plans for this in the future?
My understanding was Langmuir system planned to add more tooling options, any additional tooling coming in the near future?

Any luck on the tool file?

Hi and yes, we definitely want to be able to offer a more comprehensive library of tools on our page that can be ordered directly from the online store.

1 Like

Any progress on this?

@langmuir-jake created a Fusion 360 tool library and also made a video about how to implement it. We’ve both been off for the last week so ill touch base with him today on it.

6 Likes

That is awesome. Thanks Daniel

I know you guys are working on tool library, but where in the meantime can we find specs on the tools? I can’t really proceed with CAM bc I don’t know enough about the tooling.

What specs do you need? diameter, LOC, Ball end mill radius’s are all easily definable with a ruler and/ or your order information. Thread mills are slightly more difficult to setup but not too bad.

A tool library and a machine definition would both be very welcome. I’d rather start with something as-is, no guarantees, rather than creating from scratch and almost certainly messing up somewhere.

1 Like

@langmuir-daniel Any status updates on the tool library? It’d help out alot.getting these tools put in. So far i have just the 1/2 2F Endmill in and having some trouble getting the flycutter in correctly. Ended up running the flycutter with the baseplate sufacing code with a speed and feed edit to it. Worked great but would love to have the tools in correctly as an example of what to do.

I am curious as well. I haven’t seen anything as of yet on the website. Is there an expected time we can see this @langmuir-daniel ?

Im interested as well??

Just curious. What is the smallest anyone has gone for an end mill so far?

Been playing with 1/16 3 flute for some fine work with adaptives in aluminum. 8k rpm at 10-15ipm and around .007 load both ways. Step down is a bit of an open ended question I have been experimenting with.

I’m running 1/32" 2 flute end mill in brass. Been working well.

Feeds/speeds for that tiny guy?

This is giving me good result, but I’m also slot cutting a lot, so…

I’m also using a 1/16" 2 flute, but I’m having to run it way slower (1ipm) or it bends my parts. Also slot cutting.