MR 1 Fully assembled

When you order a MR1 fully assembled, Does it come with a lifting bracket or some way to move it safely.
Tormach has a lifting bracket system, Just wondering if the MR 1 will have it or if not is it something in the works.

1 Like

There will be brackets that attach to the legs that A) are used to secure to the pallet and B) have fork pockets for lifting with a forklift. There wont exist any provisions for lifting with an overhead hoist.

1 Like

That’s great, I was also wondering this.

Will a forklift be required? Or will a pallet jack also work?

A forklift will be required to lift the machine up of the pallet (this is the official company statement, do I think that someone could get the machine off the pallet by other means? yes).

1 Like

Ok thanks. And yes, I’m sure there are other creative ways to move it :slightly_smiling_face:

@langmuir-daniel Is it possible to buy these brackets as an accessory for a self-assembled machine? If not, could you post an image of them? Thanks!

@maisonvi this just got revived lol but looks like there are provided fork lift pockets

1 Like

Just out of curiosity, how long are you curing the concrete before subjecting the machine to shipping? That gives a baseline if people need to move their machines that they built themselves …

Cheers,

Mike

1 Like

It’s mentioned on here somewhere, couldn’t find it but i think they recommended a 3 week cure time before moving the machine.

1 Like

I found a reference to 30 days in one of their comments - a month makes sense given the following table which puts the strength at 99% in 28 days. It also shows how much stronger the concrete is if the surface remains wet/moist. I think 5 days to epoxy is a bit quick but that is just my personal opinion, but it might also lead to a stronger slab given its much harder for moisture to leave the slab.

2 Likes