MR 1 coolant update

Do you have a ink to that cool sprayer? :+1::sunglasses:

Very nice piece…

2 Likes

Thank you BigDaddy! I’m adding it to my cart now along with so many of your other recommendations.
:pray:

1 Like

John, Im assuming the 15 and 3/4 gallons of fluid pretty much filled up the container!

Yes, its about full. I keep it topped off most of the time. The tub holds 15 gallons +. So it will be close.

1 Like

Rinse down the machine with plain water? You need some kind of rust inhibitor in there at a minimum.

1 Like

Yeah, using pure water to wash down the cnc is a bad idea.

Goal would not be to rinse the entire machine but to get windows/epoxy basin residue off.

Would prefer to put a secondary pump in the 5 galon bucket that would be for washing down everything and it could be a mixture that is not simply coolant.

Blindly spraying tape water around things like the cast iron parts would not be my intention.

Thanks for the update.

Did you see the set up that @Bigdaddy2166 did and i copied him as well…Second pump for spraying down the inside with a kick a#% sprayer.

3 Likes

I am an Idiot! I read 5-10% as 1 gallon of 2240 and 1.6 cups of water. Its really thick and was trying to understand this. So as things are right now. I am at 2 gallons of 2240 and 3.2 cups of water. :man_facepalming: @Bigdaddy2166 any ideas on how to un cluster f my situation? I could put 1/2 of the container back into the gallon then add maybe 10 ~ 12 gallons of water?

1 Like

Put it back in the container and start from scratch. That 1.6 cup of water won’t make a diff.

3 Likes

I know this is an old post that I am replying to but are you still using the Fusion Cool 2240? I think I am finally through my issues and need to get it ordered. Hoping to face off the baseplate this evening but not going to use coolant for that.

1 Like

Yes, the stuff is wonderful. No aluminum etching or maple syrup residue on machine. No issues cutting either. Now I almost exclusively mill aluminum.

10:1 mix ratio is what I personally use.

1 Like

I have no plans to do anything but aluminum. Lastly, Is the odor too much for my garage?

No odor at all.

1 Like

It definitely has an odor, but it is not at all strong or unpleasant, sort of reminds me of old school modeling clay. Even switched the coolant in the bandsaw over to it. The stuff has been great.

1 Like

Bill, your nose must be better than mine.
The Fusion 2240 has been excellent for me. Happy New Year pal.

1 Like

Its good stuff.