MR 1 coolant update

Just an update for you guys. After changing my coolant from Universal brand to Fusion 2240. All my aluminum etching and stains are gone. In addition the evaporated syrup is also gone.
I did resurface my base plate an additional
.002 to clean it up. So far I’m very happy with the results.
Cut some bronze parts today and coolant seem to perform well.

11 Likes

Thats great to know. Mine gets in tomorrow

By the way. Since installing my Langmuir low profile vises, not one part has moved at all.
Even with high MRR cuts they have held tight.

4 Likes

Sweet. That’s good to know. I just bought a second kurt vise for my manual mill.

1 Like

Whoo hoo its here.

1 Like

Nice huh? You will love the coolant hose setup.

It is. Will try it tomorrow when coolant gets here.

Is the fluid mixed via brix refractometer

I mixed mine 5% Fusion 2240 per the label. I have a refractor but have no idea where it is?

1 Like

After some of the water evaporates. I would use one.

Hey there. Did you have to mix the fusion coolant with any type of special water or just tapwater.

1 Like

Thinking I may put a 2 way split in my return line after the drains.

One side will be to run coolant from the langmuir tub/pump.

The other side will possibly be a seperate tub/bucket with regular water and a seperate pump or simply as a catch for water.

For rinsing down at the end I will drain all the coolant back to the original tub. Then switch the valve over to the other side and rinse everything off. Probably use a seperate pump and use a water softener with it’s own water because my tap water is stupid hard.

2 Likes

distilled water. Mixed at 5% is what I’m at right now. Working well.

How many gallons. Just want to be ready

3/4 of a gallon of Fusion 2240 to 15 gallon of distilled water.

1 Like

cool. thanks.

Do you have a ink to that cool sprayer? :+1::sunglasses:

Very nice piece…

2 Likes

Thank you BigDaddy! I’m adding it to my cart now along with so many of your other recommendations.
:pray:

1 Like

John, Im assuming the 15 and 3/4 gallons of fluid pretty much filled up the container!