Motion Controller - expansion

Hello,
One of the FAQ answers says:

Yes, the front panel has an expansion port so that accessories such as limit switches and air scribers can be added by the owner. In the future, we plan to release add-on accessories to the machine that can be connected using this expansion port.

Will you be releasing any specific details about this before January? Like how many inputs/outputs will be available?

Anything you can tell us about the motion controller and break out board? I’m not too knowledgeable on the Mach boards. In the past I’ve used Dynomtion Kflop to build a CNC machine. Just want to read up on the “brains” so I can get a head start. Although what attracted me to the Pro is that it’s a complete system, so I don’t need to do any tinkering and fingers crossed no trouble shooting, but I would still like to know as much as I can.
Thanks.

1 Like

Hi Greg,

The expansion port is sized for a 6 pin gX12 female plug that can be used for a variety of things. For example you could add limit switches to each axis using 3 of the available outputs on the board. Other attachments like an air scriber could also be integrated.

2 Likes

How to connect air scriber to what pins?